User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:22:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I love the last one.  I've always wondered why people say their age in months.

I know!  My sister-in-law insisted on telling my nieces age in weeks until she was about 5 months old.  Drove me crazy!  
Love that registry one too!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I love the last one.  I've always wondered why people say their age in months.

One of my co-workers was talking about her grandson this morning, who I learned is 26 months.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't get it.  What's the point?  Don't they understand that it's okay to say 'year'?  That would be like saying 'Okay, this says to bake the cookies for 1,200 seconds..."

Somebody PLEASE explain the logic behind this....

I've been told by parents*, who were probably told by doctors, that a child's development/growth can be/is measured in weeks%. Such as "kid should be crawling by 7 months" is easier than "kid should be crawling by 7/12ths of a year" or "0.53 years".  I guess it works fine for doctors plotting a child's development on a chart.  And most parents adopt the doctor's parlance...

*After I asked them the very same question.

% More used in pregnancy were development is on a faster timeframe than months.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#7]

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]
My son is 34 months old? How old is yours Peta???!!!! Ha, ha. Or I would normally say he is 2 1/2 almost 3 years old.  Okay, I did the months till he was about a year old
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top