Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 3:13:21 PM EDT
We've dated several times thusfar but on our second date we watched The 40 Year Old Virgin.  Before leaving for the night I got real serious and said, "I have a confession to make."  The look on her face from beginning to end was priceless.  My confession was that I was a virgin.  She was totally sucked in, dragged into the boat and whacked over the head thinking I was going to reveal something dreadful.  She's catching on to my humor and I hope I can drag her in the boat one more time.  Last night we were debating the subject of having one vs. two kids, two boys or two girls, one of each etc...  We also talked about the fact we get along so well and have a lot in common so the subject of "What's the catch" came up.  We laughed it off and I sent this e-mail this morning:

I remember we talked about how "We have so much in common, so what's the catch?"  I started thinking and I guess this is a good a time as any to tell something that's a little embarassing.  I trust you more now, and I think it's a good opportunity to tell you about it w/o fear of judgement or scorn.  
I was born with a tail.  Yes, I have a tail.  Before you laugh or think it's a joke, let me explain:
It is a genetic deficiency thought to be passed on from my Dad.  It's actually prehensile in part, which is very rare, and I've been able to move it more and more as I've gotten older, starting when I was about thirteen.  Most people born with this abnormality can hide it under their belt line and clothing.  Due to it's length I'm able to do the same, but it's very uncomfortable at times.  When I'm sitting for a long period of time you may catch me shifting or adjusting quite a bit, but that's normal for me.  Because of it's uniqueness, the surgical risks and cost factors most don't have it removed (except for the VERY few who find it useless).  For those reasons I've chosen to keep mine.  Because of it's prehensile nature I've gotten better with it over the years.  I've been known to use the TV remote hands free, tap people on the shoulder and pickup peanuts off the floor.  The odd thing is though, my tail is not part of my backbone but just the opposite.  It's located about six inches below my belly button.  
Other things that could scare you away would be my hunchback, the plate in my head from Vietnam (I get good radio reception now!), my glass eye or the fact I have two left feet.  I'll let you decide  :)

Rob

Was it goofy enough to get a laugh?  I thought so
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
not really following on what you are trying to tell her...but i really didnt read the whole thing either....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I remember we talked about how "We have so much in common, so what's the catch?"  I started thinking and I guess this is a good a time as any to tell something that's a little embarassing.  I trust you more now, and I think it's a good opportunity to tell you about it w/o fear of judgement or scorn.  
I was born with a tail.  Yes, I have a tail.  Before you laugh or think it's a joke, let me explain:
It is a genetic deficiency thought to be passed on from my Dad.  It's actually prehensile in part, which is very rare, and I've been able to move it more and more as I've gotten older, starting when I was about thirteen.  Most people born with this abnormality can hide it under their belt line and clothing.  Due to it's length I'm able to do the same, but it's very uncomfortable at times.  When I'm sitting for a long period of time you may catch me shifting or adjusting quite a bit, but that's normal for me.  Because of it's uniqueness, the surgical risks and cost factors most don't have it removed (except for the VERY few who find it useless).  For those reasons I've chosen to keep mine.  Because of it's prehensile nature I've gotten better with it over the years.  I've been known to use the TV remote hands free, tap people on the shoulder and pickup peanuts off the floor.  The odd thing is though, my tail is not part of my backbone but just the opposite.  It's located about six inches below my belly button.  
Other things that could scare you away would be my hunchback, the plate in my head from Vietnam (I get good radio reception now!), my glass eye or the fact I have two left feet.  I'll let you decide  :)

Rob

Was it goofy enough to get a laugh?  I thought so

Sorry, but I knew what was coming with this line.  Actually I have heard that line before.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Goofy yes.. but impressive you can tap people on the shoulder with your penis.  I'd be scared... and don't ever stand behind me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude i got a tail .......and it ain't that funny!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Goofy yes.. but impressive you can tap people on the shoulder with your penis.  I'd be scared... and don't ever stand behind me.

HH has a winner here!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't there a movie with the bald guy from Seinfeld where he said he had a tail?  Can't remember the name...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wasn't there a movie with the bald guy from Seinfeld where he said he had a tail?  Can't remember the name...

Shallow Hal with Jack Black and Jason Alexander
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shallow Hal with Jack Black and Jason Alexander

That's the first thing that I thought of!

That was pretty funny. Had me on edge waiting to hear what you were trying to say. Phew!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top