Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:10:41 AM EDT
This is my first time posting here in the womens forum. I need some sound advice.
I recently quit a job that I held for 3 years. When I first started the job, I worked with a women who was then asst. mgr. She since was promoted (4 months ago) to a store manager and I followed her over to the new store. We were good friends, or I thought, we worked well together, or I thought. Well, upon becoming manager, she changed. The "team" (her and I)became "I" (her). Yet...the only one doing the work was me. When I started having chest pains and busting out in hives from stress, I knew something wasn't right. I became so tired that I basically stopped cooking for my husband and myself. I hardly ever spoke to him and our sex life was dwindling, because I was always so tired. I finally decided,even though it was borderline insubordination, that I wasn't going to do her work for her anymore, but concentrate on my responsibities instead. Needless to say, it didn't go over well, and she started bad mouthing me on the floor to other associates. I went to Corporate, and after a lengthy discussion with them and my husband, we decided it wasn't worth the time and effort to wait it out 12 more weeks until things could be fixed. That was the length of time Corporate said it would take. So, I quit. No notice, nothing. Two days after my no shows, I got a couple of emails from the manager, they were stupid blonde jokes, relating to the situation (I'm blonde), but not stupid. Anyways, I didn't respond. This morning I received a phone call from a former co-worker that the manager had been fired over the weekend for stealing. Sad, 10 years of climbing the corporate ladder down the drain over $12.00 worth of merchandise. Yet, I feel elated.
I found a couple of jokes on stealing and thieves, and I'd like to repay the kindness she extended to me. Do you think I've been vindicated enough or would you send a couple of jokes her way? I'm not a vindictive person, and I believe what goes around, comes around. Should I be content just knowing she was fired, or should I rub it in her face alittle bit?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Email a smiley face and nothing more.  It will speak VOLUMES and you won't have to waste time deciding what to send.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#2]
the best revenge is living well!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+ Eleventy billion.

You really wanna rub it in her face?  Go get her old job.  That outta do it for her.  Then send her blonde jokes from the corp email.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you know what I say, continue with life without her. Don't send an e-mail, don't call her, in fact forget about her. Thats the best thing you can do, I'll tell you why, right now she is in a state of release from employment shock. She has so many things going on in her head like, how she used to be friends with you among a million other things. So if you want to pay her back the best way is to not associate yourself with her whatsoever. Silence is deadly. On the other hand if you contact her in anyway she will place that contact as of some type of relief of thought. other words, you have thought about her. Even if it was a nasty jesture like those jokes. Remember don't contact her, it's kindof like getting kicked to the curb and that hurts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to everyone who responded. I will go with majority rules.  As much as the stupid blonde emails irritated me, she right now is worse off than me.  My mom said something to me earlier, "Some people's "just desserts" aren't always sweet".  She's right.

I feel much better now. Thanks a bunch ladies. Off to the kitchen now to cook supper for my love.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Get her back good, go sleep with your husband!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I agree.  You might also go back and see if you can get your job back.  A good attorney would be able to have their lunch for the stress you were under and their slow response.  You never know.

Best of luck and WELCOME!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks to everyone who responded. I will go with majority rules.  As much as the stupid blonde emails irritated me, she right now is worse off than me.  My mom said something to me earlier, "Some people's "just desserts" aren't always sweet".  She's right.

I feel much better now. Thanks a bunch ladies. Off to the kitchen now to cook supper for my love.

your mom is wise  

and karma is a bitch

go sleep with your husband  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Some things are better left unsaid. I also believe in Karma. What comes around goes around. She got hers in the end.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Indifference is the biggest insult of all.  I don't think you should contact her at all.

Best of Luck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Keep a copy of the email...in your work/resume file.

Then block her email address and have NO more contact.

Ask for your old job back, if it suits you...under the circumstances they might want you back.

But get on with your life, and I mean that in a sisterly, kind way. Living well IS the best revenge.

It seems to me that a $12 'problem' could have been handled as an 'oversight" if they didn't want to dump her for other reasons...

Best wishes,

Gwen
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Just food for thought here....sorry if it's mean but needs to be said.

Instead of thinking about this woman, focus on you.

You let a job (of which there are thousands upon thousands), and a coworker, induce such stress and unhappiness into your life that you shut romance off between you and your husband. How many jobs are there you could do? Millions, I'm sure. How many husbands do you have?

The real disservice isn't what this woman did to you, but what you did to your husband. He didn't deserve to lose the woman he loves for a time because you drug your store job into the bedroom.

I doubt you'll lay on your deathbed and regret that you quit a job in a store. But I'll guarantee you'll regret times you hurt the ones you love.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:38:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Point taken, and it was by no means mean. I knew when I posted here, I was going to receive some good honest responses. Thats what I was hoping for.  I won't have any contact with  her, and I am already correcting the wrongs with my love. Things are back to normal, in and out of the bedroom.
By the way, the hives that were prevalent on me for 3 months straight are gone completely. The only stress I have now is deciding what to cook for supper.
Thanks again to all you fine peeps for responding, truly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:46:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Glad to hear your home life is good. I didn't mean to be blunt or make this a finger pointing....I do understand your frustration.

My grandfather's advice to me when I got married i will never forget. He told me there are a thousand influences on your marriage, but there's only 1 partner you said your vows to and that overrides every other concern.

I try to keep that in my mind when my job or family or hobby intrudes on my home life, difficult as it may be sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:44:26 AM EDT
[#18]
yup.  3 words.

Let it go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top