Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:19:55 AM EDT
The hubby built an FN Para a little over a year ago. One of the other guys from Indiana team refinished it for him and the thing looked and shot great!  A friend of his had a few things that he wanted to trade, so we load up some trading stock and the FN and off we go. He had no intentions of trading his FN but the guy had something he really wanted and the guy really wanted the FN. So the FN has been gone for several mths now and mrgh really missed it. Well his friend called him over the weekend and said he had some more trading goods. So last night we finally get around to going over there and what is one of the things he brings out for trading? The FN! I swear all else disappeared when that FN came out. The trade went well and the FN came back home with us. (It was kinda hard for him to drive with his hand in the backseat on the FN)

So after we get the kiddies to bed and we are laying in bed, him fondling his FN and talking about how much he missed it, me reading a book and ignoring him. I stopped reading and asked him a question, we talked for a little bit, him never taking his eyes off the FN and he says "I sure do love you".
I asked him if he was talking to the gun or to me. He busted up laughing and said he thought he was talking to me but it could have been the gun. We both got a good laugh out of that. I do know where I stand in this relationship now though, right under the FN .
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:43:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
My husband has done a lot of selling and then regretting.  I keep telling him to keep the nail-drivers, but he just can't seem to do it.  As long as he sticks with his "old faithful" wife, he can be as fickle with his firearms as he wants to be.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#3]
had a similar experience when hubby bought his garand a month or so ago

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
 Patty
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Man, can I relate to that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
had a similar experience when hubby bought his garand a month or so ago

GARAND!!!...did someone just say Garand???  
I swear Garanditis is worse than BRD. I'm up to 3 so far.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#8]
lol....well i don't feel soo bad now, atleast i know i'm not the only one whose done something like that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top