Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:40:52 AM EDT
I was going through some old photos I took many, many moons ago....thought some of the ladies would like to see these.  Forgive me the digital blurring but these are scanned from real photos I took in the days before Digital Cameras.  Camera: Olympus.

Moon

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Arizona is one of my favorite states. Really beautiful country. Thanks for the nice pics.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the kind compliment.  I love AZ....it's one of the most pictoral states in the Union.  Washington is another amazing place to take photos as is Utah.

For those of you who like the band Rush and love photography; the members of Rush wrote a song about the subject called "Available Light" which can be found on the FANTASTIC album Presto.  This is one of my all time favorite songs and it fits so very well the the subject of photography......the lyrics don't do it justice, you really have to hear this beautiful song.

"Available Light"

Words by Neil Peart, Music by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson

the restless wind
has seen all things
in every kind of light
rising with the full moon
to go howling through the night

the sleepless wind
has heard all things
between the sea and sky
in the canyons of the city
you can hear the buildings cry

oh the wind can carry
all the voices of the sea
oh the wind can carry
all the echoes home to me

Run with wind and weather
To the music of the sea
All four winds together
Can't bring the world to me
Chase the wind around the world
I want to look at life --- In the available light
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome pics!  Thanks!  I love AZ as well.  If I hadn't have ended up in TX, I think I would have moved to AZ.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I grew up in WA state,also lived in Utah, and Idaho. Loved all those states as far as beauty.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
moonie, Rush sucks.

Oh, IT'S ON!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
moonie, Rush sucks.

Oh, IT'S ON!!!!

Maybe you should make a poll in GD.  I'll bet everyone agrees.

Bring it on, baby.

Seeing that your avatar is that of the known Witch, Tabitha I have gone to my favorite spot, Altar Rock, to call upon my own otherworldly assistance.  This is Altar Rock:

This is the Pixie of Altar Rock, Niccolette.  She's a very modern-like Pixie, though, and looks quite young for her age.  Over 10,000 years is all she'll admit to.  She told me if I pressed further she'd change me into a tree frog.  Sighhhh, women.

Niccolette, besides being a rather tall Pixie ( 6ft+), is easily angered....she is VERY upset that you think Rush is teh suck ( even though she is not a fan, Herself, she thinks they are very talented).....I have asked her to show you the error of your ways, but to be kind.  She has told me that I should send you a wave file of the song Available Light and that if you don't like it, genuinely, then she will consider, further, what should be done.  She thinks that you have been unduly over-exposed to the evils of Corporate Radio and that possibly if you hear an album cut of a very nice song, you may ( at least in some redeemable way ) see the "light".

Please be cautious, this is one easily angered Spirit....not to mention, the last time I checked she was still a vegetarian....a DANGEROUS COMBINATION!!!!

As you have requested, I will post a poll to see if others are of such a nefarious attitude.....who's to know what the Pixie may unleash on them who disrespect fine talents such as those of Lee, Lifeson and Pert.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Poll posted.....so far 33 percent love Rush, the other 33 percent love Rush and may try to burn you at the stake ( oops...sorry 'bout that ) and 24 percent did agree with you........looks like you won't go to the pyre alone.

ETA: NOW SOMEONE WANTS TO BURN  ME AT THE STAKE!!!!  That's just wrong!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Poll posted.....so far 33 percent love Rush, the other 33 percent love Rush and may try to burn you at the stake ( oops...sorry 'bout that ) and 24 percent did agree with you........looks like you won't go to the pyre alone.

ETA: NOW SOMEONE WANTS TO BURN  ME AT THE STAKE!!!!  That's just wrong!!!!

I'm the only one watching my back over there.

Nothin' but love, moonie, nothin' but love...

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!  I'm feelin' the heat!!!!!!  The villagers have picked up their torches and pitchforks and they're following meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
moonie, Rush sucks.

+1!

Were you talking to Mrs. GT about Rush? When I got back from the hobby shop this morning, the house was filled with the "cat caught in a garbage disposal" screech of Geddy Lee.....

GT
anti-rush
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
moonie, Rush sucks.

+1!

Were you talking to Mrs. GT about Rush? When I got back from the hobby shop this morning, the house was filled with the "cat caught in a garbage disposal" screech of Geddy Lee.....
GT
anti-rush

Oh no.  If the house is ever filled with the sounds of Rush, then someone is playing a dirty trick on me and should be punished accordingly.

Hee hee...yeah, we were discussing this thread ont he phone and she ended up breaking out the Rush albums.....was she playing Caress of Steel????
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#16]
You, sir, are a bastard. I dunno what was playing, but I was assailed by the screech none the less!

GT
*SP1GRRL, I was talking to Mr Moon in re. the rush thing. I wouldn't accuse you of an evil of that scale. Captain Slappy the jeep fetishist on the other hand, is an evil, evil, man..
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You, sir, are a bastard. I dunno what was playing, but I was assailed by the screech none the less!

GT
*SP1GRRL, I was talking to Mr Moon in re. the rush thing. I wouldn't accuse you of an evil of that scale. Captain Slappy the jeep fetishist on the other hand, is an evil, evil, man..

Tis true....I am an awful person......
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT

Evil I say, evil.

You don't know the half of it. Got me hooked on arfcom, sold me my first AR, and then incites my wife to punish me with 3 days of ongoing Canadian Screech Weasels, and then chortles madly about it!

GT
I'll put my pics up tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You don't know the half of it. Got me hooked on arfcom, sold me my first AR, and then incites my wife to punish me with 3 days of ongoing Canadian Screech Weasels, and then chortles madly about it!

GT

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT

She's the debul, watch out!

Sure, laugh at my pain!

Do you have any idea what it's like to come home to the sound of that piercing shriek?

By the dark power of Mira Sorvino's lazy eyeball, Rush must be destroyed!

GT
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#23]
There's something about that girl's lazy eye that just does it for me!!!

of course it could also be the Harvard Degree......
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#25]
and now that I have completely hijacked this thread, I will add my AZ piccies as well (ok probably just one--I gots the Dial-Up)

Not only am I funny, I am also really really tall
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Now ask him WHERE he got the Mira Sorvino line from.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh...do I even want to know?

Well, it wasn't a RUSH song, if that's what yer thinkin'!!!

The orginal quote was "By the power of Mira Sorvino's lazy eye, I command you to....[insert command here]."
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The orginal quote was "By the power of Mira Sorvino's lazy eye, I command you to....[insert command here]."

Sure, I get a chance for 2 good lines, and you gotta steal my thunder on one of em....It ain't plagarizm if ya change the words

GT

ETA: w00t! My very first post as a turned on member!

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perfect.  I can't stand Mira Sorvino.  I'm convinced she's really a man.

My wife's favorite movie is Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. I have seen this movie in excess of 200 times, and I could not agree with you more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top