BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 8:36:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
not quite as traumatic as you, thankfully

that sucks, is all i can come up with

the key to beating lice is getting all the nits (eggs, stuck to the hair)

dont ask me how i know  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, Patty!  Now I feel them on me.

You have my sympathy - I have dealt with those things when my 3 girls were younger.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hang in there Patty. This too shall pass!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Hope you a better week next week!!!
Make sure you get any stuffed animals in a hot dryer. My niece had them. brought them hoem form school about 6 yrs old. Damn dstuffed animals and she had them back in a week!
chin up...Get some rest
Joyce
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

now SigZiggy, that sounds like something my mother would say!

Yes dear, now go say your prayers and get to bed. You have school in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

now SigZiggy, that sounds like something my mother would say!

Yes dear, now go say your prayers and get to bed. You have school in the morning.

Glad to see you're laughing!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:07:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Patty I feel so sorry for you. First thing I thought when you said her head itches was lice. (don't ask)
you have recieved alot of good advice.  Remember to treat again on day 7 after the first treatment to get all the newly hatched lice.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#11]
get tea tree oil for shampoo. I works took 3 bouts of head lice for me to find it for my kids. Also don't dryer the stuffed animals. most are snythetic  and will melt  the fake fur. (experience talking) . Hope ya can get rid of em, good luck. Better lice than the kid having mono.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree on the tea tree oil shampoo. My sister-in-laws had to deal with a bad case of lice in the elemetary school when their kids were little. It was so bad they had to start summer vacation early that year. Their kids didn't get it since they were using Melaluca tea tree shampoo. The teachers were getting it. I was thankful my kid wasn't in that school yet. I am sure you can find something in the healthfood stores/grocery. Good luck. Hopefully the school will control it some too,but you might get one family that will not do anything about it too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:00:26 AM EDT
[#13]
These things I do not understand... 1.) How in the world could the doc had said it was mono without having proof with a culture or something? 2.) Why didn't he check for lice first thing?  3.) How in the world does head lice cause one to keel over at an alter?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Some of the doctors we have seen over the years makes you wonder how they graduated from medical school. I had one almost kill my son.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Good lord, sounds like you (and your daughter) have been wrung through the wringer for the past week.  While I was living in a dorm room in college, my roommate got lice somehow.  Well, in a room the size of a matchbox, I was lucky I didn't get it, too.  I had to wash every single item of clothing, bedding, you name it, that I had.  What a pain in the butt that was!  Especially since we had to pay for the washer/dryer!   Ugh!  

Good luck to you and your daughter...You'll get through it!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Good lord, sounds like you (and your daughter) have been wrung through the wringer for the past week.  While I was living in a dorm room in college, my roommate got lice somehow.  Well, in a room the size of a matchbox, I was lucky I didn't get it, too.  I had to wash every single item of clothing, bedding, you name it, that I had.  What a pain in the butt that was!  Especially since we had to pay for the washer/dryer!   Ugh!  

Good luck to you and your daughter...You'll get through it!  

try a whole wing of a nursing home with 60 some folks in it! that is how I got my experience. I'd get off work, undress outside, and damn it was cold in the middle of February! go straight to the shower and use that damn shampoo every night.  I think it took us nearly a mth to clear it all completely. Had it down to one room, one patient and for some reason she kept getting them. Finally threw out her mattress and that was all she wrote.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Patty, I have no advice to offer, but you should feel better now because I am itchy as can be just reading this thread!!

Hang in there and I hope you daughter feels better soon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Shave her head from orbit, it's the only way to be sure
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
not quite as traumatic as you, thankfully

that sucks, is all i can come up with

the key to beating lice is getting all the nits (eggs, stuck to the hair)

dont ask me how i know  

That's what I'm afraid of! This kid has hair down to her butt that's so darn thick it's more than 6 inches wide when bunched together in your fist!  It's a louse haven!  eooogh ickk....I itch all over just thinking of it!

Have a good night and thanks for caring!

You and that fine toothed comb have a lot of work to do.

I raised two daughters in the South where it's almost a fact of life.  We went through this every couple of years.  The wife and I, as well as the son, never had them.

And yea, everytime the subject comes up I start scratching.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Lice are the result of some slob not washing their hair and living in a pigsty.  /Fortunately we didnt have the problem while our kids were in the loacl school district, I think I would have deloused the family responsible with a blow torch and gasoline!!  Louse borne typhus is deadly!!  Ops
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Lice are the result of some slob not washing their hair and living in a pigsty.  /Fortunately we didnt have the problem while our kids were in the loacl school district, I think I would have deloused the family responsible with a blow torch and gasoline!!  Louse borne typhus is deadly!!  Ops

This is quite possibly the most ignorant post I've read all day.

I think you missed the part of my post where I said my children had them and I'll assure you they were not slobs nor did they live in a pigsty.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
+1 granted they are foul nasty creatures but my daughter most likely got it from hanging her coat on a coat rack at school after another kid [probably from a great family and clean home].  Shall we all stop for a second from scratching and give this a one finger salute? ..........all right back to scratching.

In our childrens time it was trading ball caps and music headphones.  This and teenaged girls didn't think twice about sharing hair brushes or clothing articles.  

The moronic "nasty slob" stereotype often only exacerbated the problem by shaming children into denial, causing a relatively small problem to be much worse than it had to be.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Good luck, my daughter has not had lice, but there was a kid in her class last year that got it. I spent a lot of time checking her incredibly thick hair, just in case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top