Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 9:35:17 AM EDT
I posted a topic asking about left-eye dominance in GD. I put this here because I know some of y'all stay away from there because it can get macho and crass - yes, it's true.    I put it in GD because of the traffic - of course, by the time I'm done typing this explanaing the original thread in GD is probably on page 3 now.  

I also posted a link in the Team Forum.

Edit: Forgot the link.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the only ? I have is are you accurate?  I did a thing with the NRA event, Women on Target, and maybe it was just me but half seemed Cross Dominant Shooters.  When we got out to the range they were handed patches and told to "Try it Now".  Well there were more than a few grumbles I will tell you that. There is a web site of a guy that says "shoot where you look" or something to that effect and he teaches CDS's to shoot with both eyes open.  I'm sure you have had thousands of replies to this in GD, but I have known this to be a problem no matter how accurate you are when you have someone behind you yelling "LEAN IN" or "STOP TILTING YOUR HEAD"!  The first ones to see the Weaver probably thought "This fool shooting the same thing I am"?  I don't look very elegant when I shoot but I can take the ugly off a mole @ 300yrds, so I'm happy.   Hope this girly reply helped some
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I shoot just fine:

...I've just always wondered why I'm left-eye dominant, but do everything right-handed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]

I don't look very elegant when I shoot but I can take the ugly off a mole @ 300yrds

That's one of the funniest things I've heard yet!  You've been in KY too long!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
A mole on someones face, mole as in chip dip, or a mole that bores underground? If the latter, you DO  have good vision!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
[larry the cable guy]  My sister is covered in moles...[larry the cable guy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top