Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:44:14 PM EDT
And it meets the requirements for the CCP.

woo hoo!  

come share a noob's joy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
shoot someone for me  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
They actually let you shoot people on the first class!!!!  Too cool!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
well

they are paper people...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew that!

aw shucks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Take more ammo. It doesn't matter...just take more
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#7]

woohooo... a woman is going to go shooting, then she's going to ccw!!! wooohooo!

shoot em up for me too!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Only hits count!

Make every target one ragged hole (two if you're taking head shots!).

Bring it out fast, shoot slow, reholster even slower.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Sounds like fun!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Have fun! I get to go re-qualify soon as well
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Who is teaching the class?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Only hits count!

Make every target one ragged hole (two if you're taking head shots!).

Bring it out fast, shoot slow, reholster even slower.

Wrong!  If you're shooting one ragged hole, you're shooting too slow.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Persephone:
How did your hand gun class turn out?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Well?

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Update???
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Update???

Inquiring minds want to know!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#18]
In the classroom, the instructor was pushing me towards a 38 revolver - which was pretty.  We have a 45, but he was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle it because of my size.  He had also brought a 9mm which I liked more because of all the pretty pieces parts.    So I chose to play w/ the 9mm over the revolver when range time rolled around.  

After watching me shoot the 9mm a few times, he wanted me to go ahead and give our 45 a try.  So I shot off about 13 rounds with it, and a big grin came across the instructor's face.  He said I handled it like I was built for it.    Woo hoo!

My first shot missed Mr. Paper man, but hit the NRA seal on the sheet 2in above his right shoulder - we'll call that the warning shot.

All 49 other shots hit him.  Looked like I was using a shot gun....but they all hit.  Some in the neck but most from the upper 8 to the x w/ a few on the lower 7-8 (I was anticipating the recoil and pulling down when I shot.  Once the instructor showed me what I was doing it got better.    I tried some head shots, but because I was shooting low, I mostly hit his neck - oh, and I pierced his ear.

I made 2 mistakes,  trigger control once - my finger wasn't on the trigger, but it was inside the trigger guard .  But at least it was pointing down range.  The second, I forgot to take off the safety.  "Mr instructor man, why no bang? Me want bang!!!!  What make this bad JUJU?  You make  bang bang work!"

So it was a lot of fun.  Took a lot of self control to not shoot another box of ammo when the instructor offered.  We had to go pick up the kids.  Soooooo, if you don't see me around here, I'm probably at the range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#19]
LOL! Glad you had fun and are still around to talk about it
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Cool! It sounds like you had fun and learned a few things. Thanks for the update and the entertaining post
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Forgot to mention, I really need to work on my stance.  I lean too far into the shot.  Looks like I'm preparing to lunge.    Doh!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Forgot to mention, I really need to work on my stance.  I lean too far into the shot.  Looks like I'm preparing to lunge.    Doh!

That is why you take the class
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like you had fun.    

I don't understand the idea that a .38 is better for women than a .45.  I shot a .38 revolver with a short barrel, a 9mm (2 of these actually, but I didn't like the Ruger), and a .45 my first time out, and I thought the .38 had the worst recoil of them all (probably because it isn't automatic, so you get ALL the recoil, plus the fact that it had  tiny grips on it), and I couldn't really tell much difference between the recoil of the 9mm and the .45.  The .45 just felt better in my hands, but a 9mm would be my second choice out of what I have shot so far.  Sounds like you and I have similar preferences.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sounds like you had fun.    

I don't understand the idea that a .38 is better for women than a .45.  I shot a .38 revolver with a short barrel, a 9mm (2 of these actually, but I didn't like the Ruger), and a .45 my first time out, and I thought the .38 had the worst recoil of them all (probably because it isn't automatic, so you get ALL the recoil, plus the fact that it had  tiny grips on it), and I couldn't really tell much difference between the recoil of the 9mm and the .45.  The .45 just felt better in my hands, but a 9mm would be my second choice out of what I have shot so far.  Sounds like you and I have similar preferences.  

I think that the reason that 38 revolvers are "recommended" for women is that generally, most women are not frequent shooters. Revolvers are more forgiving insofar as maintainence is concerned and  easier to operate. For women that are frequent shooters and have an interest in firearms, a semi auto pistol is an appropriate weapon. I purchased a stainless DAO .38 revolver for my mother to carry with her. She is not a shooter and has very little interest in firearms. I know that if she ever needs it, that little stainless revolver will work when she pulls the trigger. And pulling the trigger is all that she has to do in order to make it go bang. No need to cock a hammer,rack a slide, or change a magazine. Just stick it in the BGs guts and pull the trigger until it goes "click."
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top