Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 4:36:14 PM EDT
anyone seen this miniseries??

richard chamberlain does nothing for me, but i was bored saturday, so i watched the first two episodes
unfortunately, i didnt realize it was going to be continued on sunday, so i missed the last two episodes due to prior plans

now i dont want spoilers, but just your opinion of whether its worth going to the trouble to rent (keep in mind i dont have a vcr or dvd player right now and would have to figure out where and when to watch it) or whether i should just read the book and catch the end of the series some other time

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
ok, not sure if this will help, it's been so long since I saw it.

I liked it, I would watch it again, but I don't think I would go out of my way to watch it....but you're already half way there...............ugh! Decisions decisions.

It does get sad toward the end.

Like I said, it's been a long time, but I remember wanting to reach in the tv and slap a few of the characters.  Same thing happens whenever I watch Gone With the Wind, I just want to strangle that Miss Scarlet.

Sorry, doesn't seem like that's very helpful.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The book was better. Way better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
At the end Richard Chamberlain comes out of the closet, dumps the girl then sails off to Japan to become a Gay Samauri.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At the end Richard Chamberlain comes out of the closet, dumps the girl then sails off to Japan to become a Gay Samauri.

CKMorley

thanks for the spoiler, bub  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top