Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2020 4:44:36 PM EDT
So today I had some lady argue with me that If a man can cook a family meal( Not smoke or BBQ) then he is not a real man!!!

I was raised to know how to cook on a grill and also to make family everyday meals! My wife and kids will tell you about the meals they love that I make from meatloaf or meatloaf muffins to grill items like Monterey Jack chicken. Also, believe they are called frittatas. Along with my awesome french toast!

I have made stews, crockpot meals also added one of my wife's favorite french onion soup! I do also smoked food but that's off track from what their lady was saying a man should cook!

I myself love to cook for my family! Makes me happy that they love my food will say my grill and smoke are better and it's what everyone picks for birthdays!

I'm trying to teach my two boys that being good in the kitchen is a turn on for a lady! I'm trying to teach them to cook for yourself also is a good skill!

I work with a 45-year-old who is SINGLE and does not even know how to cook a steak on a grill!!! That's Man "101" yet he also does not know how to make any meals that are not pre-made!

45 people! Can not make himself a simple lemon pepper chicken breast without it already having the spice on it!

So to get this clear do ladies like a guy that can cook? Or do you feel that's another job as I was told by the friendly lady that "Men are trying to take over!"

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]

It's not a man/woman thing, it's taking care of yourself.  

I'm not sure about this woman you spoke to...  
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally love when @TREETOP makes me a great lunch or dinner. He throws together some amazing tasting stuff although sometimes it’s a little too spicy for me. Ignore that woman. She has no idea what a real man is.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It makes me wonder where this woman was raised and how old she is? It sounds like something my grandmother (if she were alive) would say. I love a man that cooks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, I do 98% of the cooking, grocery shopping and dishes....

You would think that would make my wife thrilled😕
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top