Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2018 9:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twitchie87]
Starting in the Spring, I will be a (shooting) instructor. I'm looking for some tactical pants that are durable, comfortable, and don't make me look like I'm wearing my husband's pants. I've tried a few and haven't been satisfied.

Firstly, I'm 4'11" Not fat but not skinny.

I first tried these from LAPG...They were ok, but the waist sits very high on me. Which is uncomfortable. I did like the "stretch" feature though.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-pt-ws2001-womens-stretch-pants.html

Then I tried these...  they fit my terribly. The sit EXTREMELY high on my waist (very long "rise" measurement), and the butt and legs were so baggy I felt like I was wearing stiff sweatpants.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QF2RV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any tactical pants that actually FIT a WOMAN's body style?
I guess I'm kind of looking for a low rise (or lower rise) pant...
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My Wife bought the 5.11 pants (don't recall the model but they are $80/pr). I wear the Tru-Spec 24-7 pants and they do make a version for women. https://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/womens-apparel

I'm afraid that it is very much like women's shoes, you need to see them and try them on to see what fits well. After that you can order additional ones online if desired.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LenS:

My Wife bought the 5.11 pants (don't recall the model but they are $80/pr). I wear the Tru-Spec 24-7 pants and they do make a version for women. https://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/womens-apparel

I'm afraid that it is very much like women's shoes, you need to see them and try them on to see what fits well. After that you can order additional ones online if desired.
View Quote
Yes, very true! Thank got for Amazon Prime and free returns!
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Try some of the Vertx women's pants, like the Fusion or Fusion LT.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
No idea where you live, but check out some "cop-shops" to see if they carry them. You can usually try them on there to see what fits. I know that Atlantic Tactical (a PA company with stores in PA, NY and MA and perhaps other states) carry 5.11. There are 5.11 stores in various states, etc. I know where you can find 5.11 and Tru-Spec in SE NH and Eastern MA stores, as an example.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
i was told to suggest looking here...
https://www.fjallraven.us/collections/womens-pants
https://www.duluthtrading.com/
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
@naamah

She's a shortie too
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By XCRmonger:
@naamah

She's a shortie too
View Quote
I can’t help much. I use BDU pants, which are still tents on me. They’re meant for utility, not style, and they aren’t much to look at.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
My fiancee (5'0" and comparable build to you) recommends Tru-Spec men's pants, and sometimes wears surplus Multicam pants. She generally loathes women's clothing and finds men's to be more durable.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't know how much you're looking to spend, but I ordered a pair of these:

TAD Radian DC Women's Pants

They should arrive in a few weeks.  I'm 5'2" and have the same issues that you do with fit.  It looks like the waist sits lower on the models than most pants in a similar vein.  I'm excited to see how they fit with a holster.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DesertGuns:
I don't know how much you're looking to spend, but I ordered a pair of these:

TAD Radian DC Women's Pants

They should arrive in a few weeks.  I'm 5'2" and have the same issues that you do with fit.  It looks like the waist sits lower on the models than most pants in a similar vein.  I'm excited to see how they fit with a holster.
View Quote
Dang. Those are freakin sweet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
511 women's cirrus if you want little more fitted or stryke if you want a little more loose fitted fit. I use the cirrus for shooting uspsa and 3 gun. They are fitted through the hips, butt, and thighs. They have a little bit of stretch too and are lower rise. Stryke are little more loose, have a little stretch, and not as low rise.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By XCRmonger:

Dang. Those are freakin sweet.
View Quote
I'm stoked, and curious about the fit.  I went with a size 6 hoping they'll be loose enough to accommodate a base layer.  Right now, they only have them available in two colors and I went with Loden, a kind of OD greenish-slate gray.  I have purchased jackets and shirts from TAD before, and they have all run true-to-size.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#14]
My TAD Radian DC pants arrived today.  They're fantastic; I would highly recommend them.

Pros:
Heavy duty, but flexible
Wide, sturdy belt loops
Flat pockets x 6
True to size, with maybe a little wiggle room in the waist (great for a holster)
Double stitching everywhere
Clearly designed for a woman, with enough room in the behind, no baggy crotch, no super high waistline

Cons:
The taper on the legs shown in the promotional pictures is real.  Boots will not fit inside the ankles, but the pants fit inside boots without much bunching.

Final Grade: A-

Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PalmettoSharpshooter:
https://www.511tactical.com/wyldcat-pant.html
View Quote
My wife has a pair of these and loves them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#17]
my 5' 2" girlfriend has two pairs of these under armour pants and loves them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By clayvt:
my 5' 2" girlfriend has two pairs of these under armour pants and loves them.
View Quote
I'm curious about these.  100% polyester ripstop, but the material looks very thin.  If she doesn't mind my asking--what does your girlfriend use these for?  Did she order them online?  Was the fit true-to-size?  I really like the look.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:44:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: clayvt] [#19]
Originally Posted By DesertGuns:
I'm curious about these.  100% polyester ripstop, but the material looks very thin.  If she doesn't mind my asking--what does your girlfriend use these for?  Did she order them online?  Was the fit true-to-size?  I really like the look.
View Quote
@DesertGuns

Sry, forgot I posted in here. Lol
She uses them for airsoft and days we go to the range. So far they have held up very well. The material is a tad thicker than summer weight BDU’s of old.
She did order them online and I “think” initially ordered an 8 but they were a bit big so she returned them and got a 6. Now I’m a horrible BF and don’t know what her actual size is and I know it can vary btw pant companies. They are a bit long for her but nothing a little hemming can’t fix.
But she got them from amazon and the swap was painless.

Cheesy airsoft photo of her in the pants.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Twitchie87:Any tactical pants that actually FIT a WOMAN's body style?
I guess I'm kind of looking for a low rise (or lower rise) pant...
View Quote
Low rise pants are great for showing off butt cleavage.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BeautifulStranger:

Cheesy? You mean Badass! No one who participates in airsoft or SIM training is cheesy. I've only done FOF stuff with SIM, I was curious do you not wear neck protection for airsoft?
View Quote
Not really. The companies that organize the large games have FPS limits on the guns. Usually 400fps with a light bb for rifles. So they “shouldn’t” break skin or do any damage more than a bruise. I dont use a face mask like she and many others do but I wear a mouth guard to keep my teeth. Lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 5:15:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Not really. The companies that organize the large games have FPS limits on the guns. Usually 400fps with a light bb for rifles. So they "shouldn't" break skin or do any damage more than a bruise. I dont use a face mask like she and many others do but I wear a mouth guard to keep my teeth. Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BeautifulStranger:

Cheesy? You mean Badass! No one who participates in airsoft or SIM training is cheesy. I've only done FOF stuff with SIM, I was curious do you not wear neck protection for airsoft?
Not really. The companies that organize the large games have FPS limits on the guns. Usually 400fps with a light bb for rifles. So they "shouldn't" break skin or do any damage more than a bruise. I dont use a face mask like she and many others do but I wear a mouth guard to keep my teeth. Lol
Yeah, I'm with BeautifulStranger on this one.  I've only been out for one airsoft day, but after being shot in the face and neck, I can say that it's not for sissies.  Some of those hits were no joke.  I do like your girl's pants though--they look extremely comfortable.  I think I'm going to try out a pair, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#24]
@DesertGuns

Update on the fancy pants? Interested for my wife. She liked the look but is worried about the cost
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 1:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DesertGuns] [#25]
Originally Posted By MedicBob:
@DesertGuns

Update on the fancy pants? Interested for my wife. She liked the look but is worried about the cost
View Quote
@MedicBob

Short answer:  I would buy another pair.  Long answer:  After almost six months of wearing and washing them three times per week, they have finally softened up to the point where they are very comfortable, however, they have faded significantly from the original dark green to a greenish gray (okay by me), and the bottom cuffs have started to very slightly fray (although this may be due more to my boot eyelets rubbing than to poor craftsmanship).  The reinforced knees are fabulous and are showing no wear whatsoever.  The three-button fly might be a turnoff for some women used to a zipper, but for me it's a bonus--one less thing that might go wrong.  The ankles are a bit tighter than I am used to, but still fit over my boots and the rest of the pant is comfortably loose.  The belt loops are sturdy and big enough to accommodate a thick leather belt.  Several women at work have stopped me to ask about them and have since purchased their own--which they love.  As earlier stated, the biggest issue for me was the break-in period, but now that I know what to expect, I'll just wash the next pair more before wearing them to work.  Worth the price.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#26]
@DesertGuns

Awesome and thank you for the update. Ever since Duluth Trading got rid of the female carpenter jeans(pockets on both sides), she has been looking. Will certainly have her give these a try. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MedicBob:
@DesertGuns

Awesome and thank you for the update. Ever since Duluth Trading got rid of the female carpenter jeans(pockets on both sides), she has been looking. Will certainly have her give these a try. Thanks again.
View Quote
No problem.  Hope she likes them.  The side (back of thigh) pockets lay flat and are big enough to fit a phone or wallet, or several tools and a flashlight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#28]
LAPG has a sale on women's gear, to include pants.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Can't speak specifically to the women's line but, Beyond as a brand is top notch. A good number of people at work wear them, both summer and winter weight.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KTM300XCW] [#31]
These are what my wife wears. I have to say they look pretty good on her. She likes them.

https://lapolicegear.com/511-64446-womens-apex-pant.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top