User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 7:36:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I like to shoot all of 'em.

From my 5" .44 Mag 29 Classic bed gun, to the 7.5 Swiss SR straight pull bolt rifles.

From the scoped 10/22 that can shoot the ears off a gnat, to the Kar98k 8m that leaves huge bruises on me everytime from the steel buttplate.

From the exotic precision of Lugers and Broomhandles, to the thoroughly basic beauty of old 5-screw Model 27s.

From the short and long ARs, to the historic charm of the 1903 Springfield and M-1 Carbines.

I *carry* a G-29 subcompact Glock 10mm.

I don't want to *ever* be outgunned.
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I like to shoot my AR. also like to shoot any of
hubby's toys too. I carry a Makarov. I carry
basically what will fit my hands. I don't like a pistol where the grips are too big.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

... to the Kar98k 8m that leaves huge bruises on me everytime from the steel buttplate.
View Quote

Hannah,

No need to abuse yourself. Take a look at these recoil pads from Midway (other similar devices can also be found) to avoid the bruising.

PAST Field Recoil Shield Ambidextrous ($19.79)
[url]http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/680235[/url]

PAST Heraean Recoil Shield for Women ($16.47)
[url]http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/640773[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
My favorite pistols are:

1911 in 9mm
 HK USP9mm
 HK USP40
 Glock 22

My favorite shotguns are:

Remington 1100 12G
 Benelli Sport 12G

And of course, who can forget the ole Uzi!

I'd love to try out some rifles, but I have never had the chance.  Hopefully, soon though.......
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I checked those links, LenS, thanks.
I can't tell if any of these will slide over the buttstock on my Kar98's though, as they are collector guns, and permanent mounting is out of the question.
I usually just wear a padded shooting jacket with them, but in TX, that is not advisable due to heat issues.
It is only bad above 50 rounds, and shooting prone, so I guess I will just live with it.
Funny, I never motice it *while* I am shooting, only after. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Hannah,

The ones I was recommending amounts to padding that you throw over your shoulder (like the padded jacket but more padding and no jacket). One for women looked like it had velcro to go around a bra/blouse strap, but I think it is simpler to buy the one that throws over your shoulder like a "saddlebag". Also better in the hot climates, you only throw it on your shoulder when you need it and don't have to "wear it" when not shooting (or get half-undressed to remove it).

I am a C&R FFL and do not recommend modifying the old battle guns, so in no way am I recommending the standard butt-pad that fastens to the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the clarification, LenS.
The pics on the site wouldn't come up, so I wasn't sure what they meant.
I will certainly check into this further, I appreciate your time. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Hannah,

You might also check out some comments about the PAST Recoil Shield at the following place:
[url]http://members4.boardhost.com/Doug-BPCR/msg/277.html[/url]

I bought one of these PAST Recoil Pads some time ago, but haven't shot any CF rifle except my AR15 since, so I haven't used it yet. Having separated my right shoulder and tore the rotator cuff a number of years ago, I figure that I don't need to aggravate it with anything more potent than my "mouse gun" (which I could shoot all day without problems).

Glad to help out a fellow shooter, so I hope the info is useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top