Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 11:30:50 AM EDT
Kind of a legal history question, but has California’s Assault Weapons Control Act been contested on any other grounds than the second amendment and discrimination.  Kasler v. Lockyer did contest the 1989 law but in the end failed for now, I don’t know if they will peruse the case any further.  The Kasler .v Lockyer case was the only case that directly challenged our AWCA that I am aware of.  

And if someone could kind of clue me in, why did we lose our right to buy an AR15 style rifle?  An AR15 series rifle is an AR15 style rifle configured with a flash suppressor, bayonet lug… So what happened?

Well, hopefully the Emerson case will do well so we can get ride of all those BS state and federal laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top