Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 12:39:22 PM EDT
I just got back from the small phx gun show and the novelty ammo booth people said that ATF decided 12 GAUGE bird bombs are not fit for the public.

Anyone heard about this?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Some parts of Phoenix have those pole-mounted gunshot detectors that triangulate the location of the source of fire.

It's been said that bird bombs launched directly above the sensors confuse the hell out of them.[0:)]

But I doubt that would have anything to do with it...
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just got back from the small phx gun show and the novelty ammo booth people said that ATF decided 12 GAUGE bird bombs are not fit for the public.

Anyone heard about this?
View Quote

I told you they were illegal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll bet those pole-mounted gunshot detectors would get pretty confused if someone put a .300 Whisper right through them.   [sniper]

Just a thought...[devil]  

I wouldn't THINK of actually doing it myself, though.... [0:)]  [dracula]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
i think it was probly more gun show BS
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Last Summer, a producer of Bird Bombs posted this on his Website to try to drum up sales pending the ATF "Banning" them. I later heard it was a bunch of BS to an outtright lie that was intended to increase sales.

I don't know, but the kits for making Bird Bombs are still available.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Yoy can see 37mm bird bombs for sale with an advertisment that the ATF has banned them and you better get them while you can. [url]http://www.fire-balls.com/catalog.asp?display=3[/url].  Sounds real enough to me, I wonder though.........

Edited because I didn't sucessfully make the link hot, if it doesn't work again here is the link in raw form

http://www.fire-balls.com/catalog.asp?display=3
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
If someone was advertising the bird bombs for sale while saying in the same ad that the BATF had banned them, then either they're incredibly stupid to sell a banned item or think you're incredibly stupid to believe their claims.

If the BATF had banned them, that'd be the end of all further sales, IMMEDIATELY, knowing how they work.

CJ

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The BATF would have to reclassify them as some kind of banned item. If they contain more than 1/4 Oz. of explosive, then they would do more than ban them. You would have already seen soors kicked in and innocent people dragged out at gun point by the JBTs. They cannot ban manufacture unless it is a DIAS type situation. Even then, they could still be made tax paid.

I somehow think this is a load of garbage. Not true at all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
the vender at the gunshow was not marketing them as banned (get them while you can)

they said nobody has them, because they are now banned.  i have still seen them for sale on the internet however.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Howdy Troy,
Were they made illegal recently?  Please site.
Thanks,
AR i.t.w's
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
SHAMELESS PLUG
i sold my 37mm launcher and am selling the aluminum cases I had on gunbroker.com

They are in great shape and easy to reload into anything you want..

[url]www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2964199[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top