Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2002 3:06:58 PM EDT
I need your help fellow board members.  If you know of any CA legal magazine fed semi autos that are on the market please list them, I am sure that there has to be some rifles out there that are legal for sale in CA that have magazines.  I am writing my representatives and the DOJ in an effort to do what I can against our Assault Weapons ban.  However I need some information to help back my clam’s that the Assault Weapons ban is not effective in reducing crime, just needlessly limiting consumer choices.  I am also questioning Article 1General Provisions section 12275.5 “…It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this chapter to place restrictions on the use of assault weapons and to establish a registration and permit procedure for their lawful sale and possession…” As of December 31, 2000 they are no longer allowing the lawful registration of assault weapons.

My primary goal is to show that there is no need to have stricture regulations than what the ATF has set down.  And that honest citizens who own assault weapons pose not threat to society.  
- Dustin
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for your efforts.  I'm behind you all they way (at least, in the rear with the beer).  As far as I know, the springfield M1A is still legal in California IF it has a "california brake" attached to it.  The 10 round limit on the magazines also apply.  I think that there are also some .22LR semi-auto rifles like the Marlins that take clips and are still legal.  Other than that, new loop hole rifles like the "Go Go Gadgets, FAB 15" are legal.  It is an AR15 whose mag well has never been machined through.  You load it with 10 round stripper clips by breaking the upper open.  Crude, but it is a semi-auto AR15.  Hope this helps somewhat.  Please ask more questions.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent out a bunch of emails about a month ago, Dec 12th.  Seven email in all range from local representatives to the president.  I received a letter from Senator Jack O’Connell today, this alone is encouraging enough for me to continue contacting our representatives to show a need to change our current laws.
- Dustin
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The Ruger Mini 14 & 30 are still legal, as are the Browning BAR (270 - 300 Win Mag) and [url]http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/bar/bar.htm[/url] Remington 7400 (243 - 30-06) [url]http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/7400wd.htm[/url] series of semi autos. All use detachable mags and, though rare, there are some Hi Cap mags out there somewhere for the Remington and Browning. Browning now also makes a Buckmark semi auto rifle in .22 with a pistol grip and detachable mag in the grip [url]http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/buckmark_rifle/buckmark_rifle.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Note: CA LEO can get preban hi-cap magazines without a problem, providing he is allowed to have a gun for duty (more or less).  Everyone else gets a big tough luck... :-(

mark
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Copy me the address of the poli's you are writting to and I'll do letters also, because I am finding myself almost forced to move out of CA just to have some 2nd amendment rights left.

What these A_ _holes don't understand is that the criminals never have paid attention to following the law and the won't follow new ones either so adding new bans does nothing but keep me and others from having a nice collection.

"Kill Kaliban law"      [50]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What these A_ _holes don't understand is that the criminals never have paid attention to following the law and the won't follow new ones either so adding new bans does nothing but keep me and others from having a nice collection.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I think they well realize they're moving towards their eventual goal of getting rid of all those evil, awful guns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys,
    That should be enough information for me to put together a letter four our representatives on capital hill.  Unlike most other letters and petitions that have been brought to our representatives, this one will justify it’s self not using the second amendment.  The second amendment is being challenged in court right now by many well-funded organizations, and I wish them the best of luck in removing the myth that the second amendment right only applies to the state militia.  
    I do know that there are provisions that will not allow for laws that make no sense.  Undermining what the Brady Campaign and their supporters claim about Assault Weapons is part of my tactic.  If we can show that Assault Weapons are not as dangerous as the Brady Campaign claims they are then we have a fighting chance to show that our gun ban laws are not justified and take steps to remove them.
    I believe that our representatives on capital hill strongly believe that every citizen has the right to protect them selves and their families.  The strongest line of defense are the citizens at the scene of the crime that have the power and the willingness to act.  When I have a draft of the letter I’ll post it so I can get your input, till then.
- Dustin
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Any follow-up yet?

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top