Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 5:28:58 AM EDT
I recently moved to Texas and established my residency.  Shortly after moving into the apartment I did the "right thing" and found a local gun dealer with an impressive store and a willingness to order AR-15 lowers for me.

I plunked down my hard earned cash and ordered an Oly Arms lower through him.  Did I mention that I paid in full in advance?  

I also made arrangements for him to receive an AR-15 by UPS that I had on consignment in another state.

The other day I passed the shop and noticed a moving van parked in front of it.  When I stopped to check on my shipments I was told that they hadn't arrived, but that they would get to me.  It's been a few weeks now and I still haven't heard anything about my special order or shipment.

What can/should I do?

Please...  please...  please... help me out here.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#2]
And you didn't get the new address for the shop?  A phone number?  Some Vaseline?
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Chuck,

I did pay by plastic.  I think I'll call the company today and dispute the charges!

No, the store isn't there and they have officially CLOSED forever.

I'll also call the shipper and get the tracking number.

As of now I think I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Thanks,
Schnert

P.S. Dave - I did manage to get some bear grease just in case.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If the place is closed forever the BBB won't do you any good. I suppose if you can name the owner and he opens up another shop they might. The best bet is your Credit Card company route. Hope you find a better dealer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top