Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2001 9:33:36 PM EDT
A friend tells me you must designate one specific handgun on your license, and that is all you are allowed to carry.  I looked at Florida's website, but didn't find an answer.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Not true, the permit says nothing about what type of weapon you carry.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Assuming you are moving from IL to FL, I will tell you that FL has no limit on what type of concealed firearm you may carry (as long as it is legal), and does not limit the number of weapons you may carry (Many people carry 2 guns).  You might want to check the FL Dept Of State website to find out which states currently have reciprocity with FL for concealed carry permits.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the answers.  My buddy is moving to Florida next week.  Lucky bastid!  I'm thinking about an out of state permit.  I know it's no good here in Il., but most of the states I'll visit should respect it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of good CCW info here:[url]http://www.packing.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Gwalchmai, you dont have to be a resident. Get the CCW for when you visit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top