Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2017 2:57:02 PM EDT
I'm currently on leave and was thinking about taking my M961 back to Afghanistan with me. I'm a armed civilian contractor, not military and do not intend to mount the light to my rifle. Should I expect any issues while trying to get back home after my gig is up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You can ask in the deployment section to get people much better versed than I am but depending on how you get there you may have troubles. We (same thing; armed civvy) fly commercial through Dubai. If it has a rail attachment on it it's a weapon accessory and subject to seizure in Dubai. I watched a guy get pulled out of line in front me and they dumped his bag out, there were 3 flashlights, 2 with rail clamps and they seized them.

ITAR: I don't think there is any ITAR consideration. The only thing that could make it one that I know of (not an ITAR expert) is if it were IR/NV related (in terms of lighting).

That light just takes drop-in batts right? Take the batts out and mail it to yourself. The post office has no problems with a light, but they don't like Li-ion batteries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top