Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2013 7:55:04 AM EDT
Is it legal for a convicted felon (stolen gov't property to include weapons) legally allowed to work at or attend a gun show?  If not, who would should I report the "sighting" to?
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no law against a felon attending a gun show.  Nor against him working at a gun show.  Possession of firearms is illegal by a felon,  being in the same room as them is not a crime.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Is it legal for a convicted felon (stolen gov't property to include weapons) legally allowed to work at or attend a gun show?  If not, who would should I report the "sighting" to?

Yes, he cannot possess firearms. nothing prevents him from being in proximity to them.

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]
send an email BATF,maybe they will do some digging, instead of wasting time on law abiding gun owners. we dont need criminals around guns, they will eventually do something and give us a bad name
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Define "work at"?  Is he a vendor with guns on the table, or is he part of the crew that scrubs the toilets for the facility?
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define "work at"?  Is he a vendor with guns on the table, or is he part of the crew that scrubs the toilets for the facility?

Work at= selling "surplus" military gear.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
send an email BATF,maybe they will do some digging, instead of wasting time on law abiding gun owners. we dont need criminals around guns, they will eventually do something and give us a bad name

The last time I talked with ATF about a felon selling guns it fell on deaf ears.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top