Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Your entire faculty is subject to arrest, I guess

Scott
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Does your College have a post certified police department?

In Tucson Pima Community College Police Department officers are Post Certified Therefore could own or have a law enforcement only rifle.

If this is the case for your college it is quite posible they borrowed it from the school.

You could always ask the instructors.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Where they former law enforcement officers?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Even discussions about firearm ownership in my school is looked down upon,but I guess thats what I should expect from the People's Republic of Maryland. Perhaps I should move to TX or NV?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Did the Bushmaster have any preban features? If not i would imagine that it being marked LEO only is just like the Remington Folding Shotgun stocks being marked LEO only. No legal restriction just something the manufacturer marks the item with to make the LEO's feel special. As far as the Mag goes i dunno.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]
It was my understanding that the Criminal Justice Programs at Community Colleges are de facto Police Academys. In some case, students have to actually be sponsored by a PD to enter the program.

As far as Campus PD...the college I attend has a Campus Police force who all are deputized LEOs. Kinda screws the just drive off campus practice as they can pursue you unlike rent-a-cops.

922(v)(4) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to -

(A) the manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or [red]a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State,[/red] or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);
View Quote

I wonder if a Community College qualifies as a department/agency of the state. They could also belong to the state education department or the PD who sponsors the program.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#9]
In Oklahoma it is legal to possess a handgun with your CCW on a college campus if you have written permission from the college or university president.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top