Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 10:55:34 AM EDT
I know that you can’t have an SKS with a detachable magazine in CA, but at what point is an SKS no longer an SKS?  Are there parts of it you can change out to make it technically no longer an SKS?  
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#1]
technically, you always have to have the receiver.  since the receiver by itself is technically what is considered a firearm, then no, it will always be an sks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't an SKS basically a Mini14 with a fixed 10rd mag.  How did the Caliban ever ban a SKS with detachable mag, but not an Mini?

Can anyone figure this one out?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Isn't an SKS basically a Mini14 with a fixed 10rd mag.  How did the Caliban ever ban a SKS with detachable mag, but not an Mini?

Can anyone figure this one out?
View Quote

Beats me,
They have the power to add weapons that are similar to the ones that were on the list to begin with.  But how in the world did they make the comparison of SKS to AK?  I think I'll ask the DOJ, a lot of good that will do though.  Are any parts of an SKS interchangeable with an AK?  I believe they also have a different type of magazine as well.

I wonder if C&R SKS’ are treated the same in regards to detachable magazines.

Edited to add: I believe the Mini14 and the SKS both share the same operational principles, so yes they are the same.  I also believe that there are Mini14 high capacity magazines as well.  So why are they outlawed – ask the Governor, he had some good reason for doing it.

- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top