Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 9:16:01 AM EDT
I am going to build a AR-15 using post ban parts. What if any post-ban parts can I use to still be a legal rifle? I would like to use a preban A2 20" barrel on a post ban A2 Lefty upper from DPMS.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You can us just about any parts you want, so long as you keep the pre-ban features at bay.  Basically, bayonet lug, flash hider and threaded barrel.  And grenade launcher, if that's a concern.  You could use a pre-ban front sight base, as long as you cut off the bayonet lug.  Same for pre/post barrel and any threads on the muzzel end.  The internal parts are all interchangable, unless you count Colt's funny pin sizes.

Getting M16 parts mixed in to an AR15 is another story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top