Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2002 3:46:53 AM EDT
You are not alone , american friends.

Exactly 6 months ago NY was wounded by the evil , but it was wounded not only NY and the States , all the free western world was hit in its hearth & soul .

Our common civilization , our culture , our way of life is still under attack.

The free world owe so much to you , our freedom and our democratic values come from the sacrifice of thousands of americans in the last 60 years, you deserve more than just our empty words and solidariety,I'd love to be able to do more.

We are shoulder to shoulder against the evil, you are not alone.

PP out
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you so much, [b]PincoPalla[/b], for your kind and thoughtful words!

Yes, it is a common enemy that we fight.

I am glad to know that Western Civilization still has noble Romans to assist it in the defense of our common culture and values.

Eric The([i][b]MilleGrazie![/b][/i])Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the support.  We stand together or fry together.  Our only hope.

BTW, I am visiting Europe for the first time in my life this summer.  I expect to only see bits of France and Italy.  If someone only had 3-4 days in Italy, where would you suggest they stay?  Rome?  Milan?  I am an ignorant American looking to expose myself to some "old world" culture.

James
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You are not alone , american friends.

View Quote

And neither are you, my friend.  The world seems to have forgotten that we [i]are[/i] a nation of warriors, that we fought against overwhelming odds to proclaim our right to live as free men, and that same spirit still lives in our hearts today.

The WTC and Pentagon attacks were nothing more than a sucker punch that left our country with a mouse under one eye.  All that those cowardly little bastards did was piss us off.  It's been a while since we've had to flex our military muscles, and while we mourn the precious lives of those who died in the WTC attack, and the lives of our servicemen who have paid the ultimate price for [b]OUR[/b] freedom, our resolve to see this through to the end gets stronger every day.

Freedom will prevail.  God is with us, who will stand against us?  Whom shall [b]WE[/b] fear?
God, and God alone.

[b]God bless American[/b]

**determined, yet a little misty...**
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thank you for the support.  We stand together or fry together.  Our only hope.

BTW, I am visiting Europe for the first time in my life this summer.  I expect to only see bits of France and Italy.  If someone only had 3-4 days in Italy, where would you suggest they stay?  Rome?  Milan?  I am an ignorant American looking to expose myself to some "old world" culture.

James
View Quote

James ,
3-4 days are TOO few to visit my old country , but if have just these days you MUST see Florence and Rome,no compromise .

If you think to have more days , while in Tuscany you'd have to see Siena also , and in the north-eastern part of Italy,you'd have to see Venice,absolutely.

I wish you have a great stay here,I'm sure you will.

Ciao,
PP out
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 I expect to only see bits of France and Italy.  If someone only had 3-4 days in Italy,
James
View Quote

like he says, 3 days is not enough to scratch the surface of 2 1/2 millenia of culture. by all means, florence and rome. and try pompeii if you get the chance, it is in many ways like stepping back in time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
As Lurker wrote , Pompei is an amazing place to visit but , if you are looking for a really ancient almost intact "magna Grecia" town , you have to go to Sicily and visit Selinunte , close to Trapani.

O U T S T A N D I N G !!!

PP out
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top