Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2002 8:47:00 PM EDT
Just thought I'd let you know that this week 25 personnel from NYPD and FDNY are spending a weeks R & R  here in Sydney and surrounding area. All are guests of the state government of New South Wales on a paid 'escape' by the people of New South Wales.

All were at the 11 Sep attacks and today, 6 months to the day of the attacks on freedom, a special thing, all of the group climbed our Harbour Bridge, and your Old Glory was raised on top of the bridge which over looks the entire area of Sydney and Circular Quay. The flag was saluted and flys now as I type this...

Tonight the group is invited to a state dinner hosted by the Premier of New South Wales, Bob Carr, at the Circular Quay Terminal at The Rocks, right on the water accross from the Opera House.

A simple gift of the Australian people, showing that around the world, the free people do care and are allied against the piss weak cowardly terrorists who started this war.

The US forces killed in the ambush in Afghansitan were each individually pictured and named in the Sydney Daily Telegraph on Saturday. Our SAS fought along side that day and were in envolved in the rescue of the rest who were invloved in the ambush. Our lads called down airstrikes etc on th enemy.

For further info try www.dailytelegraph.com.au

So Yanks, stand up and be proud!

Warms regards to you all,
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope that the Australian people will take to heart what their guests have to tell them. And I am sure that we all (those of us with any sense, anyway) appreciate the support of our allies, since they are there alongside our guys, and are PROVING that they are allies. May they ALL return to their homes safe and sound.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
May God bless America [i]and[/i] Australia.
Stories like this of international brotherhood and friendship warm the heart and give hope for a peaceful future after the long fight.

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just thought I'd let you know that this week 25 personnel from NYPD and FDNY are spending a weeks R & R  here in Sydney and surrounding area. All are guests of the state government of New South Wales on a paid 'escape' by the people of New South Wales.

All were at the 11 Sep attacks and today, 6 months to the day of the attacks on freedom, a special thing, all of the group climbed our Harbour Bridge, and your Old Glory was raised on top of the bridge which over looks the entire area of Sydney and Circular Quay. The flag was saluted and flys now as I type this...

Tonight the group is invited to a state dinner hosted by the Premier of New South Wales, Bob Carr, at the Circular Quay Terminal at The Rocks, right on the water accross from the Opera House.

A simple gift of the Australian people, showing that around the world, the free people do care and are allied against the piss weak cowardly terrorists who started this war.

The US forces killed in the ambush in Afghansitan were each individually pictured and named in the Sydney Daily Telegraph on Saturday. Our SAS fought along side that day and were in envolved in the rescue of the rest who were invloved in the ambush. Our lads called down airstrikes etc on th enemy.

For further info try www.dailytelegraph.com.au

So Yanks, stand up and be proud!

Warms regards to you all,
1feral1
Sydney
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Here in the U.S., we have a saying "friends in need, is friends indeed."
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not think that America is not aware of the commitment Australia has made to the war on terror.

The Australian Special Forces soldier who gave his life was fighting for Australia as much as he was fighting for the rest of the “Anglosphere”.

In many ways this war is the “Anglosphere” vs. 12th century thought.

For those who might think “Anglosphere” is a racist word, it refers to a weekly UPI column by Jim Bennet that deals primarily with the countries of the world where English is the official, or dominate language - America, UK, New Zealand, Australia, India, and Pakistan.

I have been fortunate  to have traveled to south Asia, but I’ve never been lucky enough to get to Australia.

I, like all sailors (with a small “s”  like in boats and yachts) have meet a small number of your countrymen, and I have had some very good times with same. Whew! Hard to keep up!

Someday, with your permission, I would like to knock on the door of 1feral1 and say, “ Hey mate, it’s my turn to buy.”

Thanks for treating the guys from NY so well.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:52:21 AM EDT
[#5]
1feral1...I wish I was there too!

A heartfelt "Thank You" to you and your countrymen!
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for this news, [b]1feral1[/b]!

There's never been a modern war in which America and Australia were not fighting side-by-side together!

We make a great team, eh?

Eric The(KeepItUp!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Last night at the Premier's dining-in night, the FDNY and NYPD personnel presented the people of the State of New South Wales a piece of the WTC in appreciation of the compassion and friendship of two great nations!

Thanks and regards,

Advance Australia!
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
My brother in law was in the air between Logan International and Sydney when the filthy scum out of hell committed mass murder on 09.11.01. When he arrived in Sydney, he flew on to some resort island (I don't remember the name now) for a meeting with some bigwigs from a customer he has there, and he said everyone just went way out of their way to let him know how bad Australia and Australians felt for us Yanks

He said that the Aussie version of the FBI came to see him at his hotel and interviewed him regarding anything he might have seen at Logan before he took off, saying that they were doing everything they could to help find out who was responsible for it.

Everywhere he went, people told him how sorry they were and how much Australia was behind us as soon as they heard he was a Yank.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Well that is nice now let me tell you a little story. Allot of the people going on trips have not been to ground zero. There is a big thing going on in FDNY right now. A lot of these people where there a week or a month later. Very few of the first responders went. No one from EMS has gone. I was there I have not even been called by FDNY asking me if I want to go anywhere or take my family on a trip. EMS DOES NOT COUNT. See how many of these guys are Chiefs or higher ups. See how many first line responders are in the group. Even though I am sure, they will say every one.
I hope I am wrong but with what is going on, I have my doubts. One of the Chiefs who was given this chance for a trip gave it up. Reason he wasn't there on the first day. Felt an FDNY/EMS worker or FF should use it. These trips where suppose to be for people injured or who were there on the first day. Does anyone understand this? I am getting sick of this crap.
I have to sit in my house from 0800hr-1600hr because I am on LODI. Here these guys get special treatment. Let them come to my house sit in my back yard. Not see the towers anymore as I do. Let them look out my window for the next month and see two spotlights shining into space. Let them have my dreams at night, and go through the operations I have had and still waiting for. Yea how many of them responded the first day? I hope it was all of them then they deserve a free paid for vacation

LT.Marc Weinstein
                       FDNY/EMSC the forgotten
                       BN47 FarRockaway
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
These were frontline guys/gals. I can't remember the house(s). I've been following pretty close, It was a beautiful site walking along Darling Harbour and seeing Old Glory at halfmast on the harbour bridge along with the Jack. 1ferral1 where abouts are you? I'm in Bondi....
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone from the FDNY (i wasn't really paying attention) was just on "The Panel"
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]
In a world where one has few true friends, and a nation even fewer still, I and America are proud to call the Australians friends. Thanks to you and your country.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top