Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 5:08:06 PM EDT
Who is planning to take advantage of K Mart's going out of business sales when they start to close stores around the country?  I like to stick to my principles and not shop there but to pass up a chance to save big at their expense might be hard to do.

[bounce]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll definitely take advantage of the deals.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
kamapart will get my money when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.  "sic semper tyrannus"
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I say Walmart should be next- they are removing guns and ammo from local stores to comply with local political pressures. I will be voting with my wallet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought Kmart stock for .90 a few weeks ago, it's at $1.20 now, nothing wrong with them making me a few bucks is there :)
I'll be dumping it soon anyways.
View Quote

The sooner the better buddy!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
First of all, stick to your principles man. Are they worth sacrificing for a quick buck?

To be honest with you, I never shopped at KMart before. That place was just TOO white trash for my tastes.

Hell Wal-Mart seems high class compared to the big K.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
No more [blue]BLUE LIGHT[/blue] specials!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
kmart also owns or is part owners in office max
builders square & waldenbooks! what now?
[whacko]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
every dollar they take in is another dollor to pay off thier creditors and get out of debt to rebuild the company. ALL kmart stores are not closing. Only the ones losing money.

SCREW 'EM. stick to your principles.

On a side note. I was rebuilding a server for a kmart here yesterday. The manager told me most of the closed stores inventory would be sent to other stores and only the stuff they can not sell will be available at the closeouts.

mike
View Quote

Not trying to flame ya, here, but I'm a little unclear on something, mike.  It's not OK to help them by buying their stuff, but it's ok to do work for them?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On a side note. I was rebuilding a server for a kmart here yesterday. The manager told me most of the closed stores inventory would be sent to other stores and only the stuff they can not sell will be available at the closeouts.
View Quote

What! Doing business with the enemy?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#13]
DScott, give  T.B. Slayer a break here.  He specializes in "servers" and there's only one in "Buminham" so he's got to get the work wherever he can !

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Remember that line in the movie Rain Man : "K Mart Sucks"
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What! Doing business with the enemy?
View Quote

Aiding and abetting?

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top