Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2002 6:27:39 PM EDT
My National Guard recruiter called today and I am freakin in!!!!

Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not though, get my hearing issue coded so that I could go MP........one friggin frequency kept me out...... but hot damn I made it anyhow.

Gotta choose new non hearing sensitive MOS......and will get the rest of the info later.

Basic will be well after June or July.

This is one of the happiest days of my life over the last year or so............that along with getting the divorce final.(bitch)

Another great thing is that I will now certainly be able to attend the [b]BRC[/b] with my GF.  

Gettin in the Guard.... nicely rekindled flame with ex-GF, goin' to the [b]BRC[/b], got a job....payin the bills..........All I need now is an Old Milwaukee and I'd be on TV.

Thansk for stickin by me guys..........see you guys at the bash!

[beer] [beer] [beer]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, no offence and congrats and all, but how hard is it to get into the National Guard?  I mean you're in there with Dan the man Quail?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The "act" of getting in, in and of itself, is generally not a huge deal.

For those who know me and who know how long this has taken, my excitement carries a different meaning.

I am 35, had to take the ASVAB again, go through all the MEPS crap (like everyone) and due to an issue on a 4000hz frequency hearing test, was put on medical waiver approval for my selected MOS (MP).  That was all in Oct 01'

My purpose for joining the guard is many fold........retirement, advancement, training, education and as a career step.  I intend to wind up AGR.

So, while this may not be a biggie for some 18 year old kid, it is a meaningful stepping stone for me.

Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats man, glad to see things are finally going your way.  Happy days, my friend.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrat's, X--Kill
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for you X-Kill. Glad you worked out your marriage to your advantage [:)] Have fun in the Guard and learn much.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats, Its great to see someone succeed at getting what they are after.  You might even get to introduce a few muslim fanatics to allah.
I envy you!    Try to get into Tanks, It's a blast, and you may be needed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:54:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's to you Brad!  [beer] [b]UDAMAN!!![/b]

Patience & perseverance pays off.  

See you at the BRC!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:32:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations! I wanted to re-enlist recently in the local guard, but when my wife found out how long I was going to be away for training, she WAS NOT HAPPY!

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations X-Kill!

I am glad to see things are going "your way"!

Hope to see you at the BRC.

Tyler
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]Thanks Guys![/b]

It is nice to have something looking up for a change...............not that some other things have not.......... but, this guard thing was the controlling variable which has put my entire life in limbo for the last 6 months.

Hard to make any plans when you don't know where you may be two weeks down the road.

Looking forward to meeting you guys at the [b]BRC[/b]

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Outstanding. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Gotta choose new non hearing sensitive MOS......
View Quote

Artillery?

Seriously, CONGRATS! [beer]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#17]
From one Guardsman to another, welcome aboard.  I did six active and have been Guard since.  I love every minute of it.  I joined the active duty back in 1986 having had a partial removal of one kidney at a young age.  The regulation stated that "removal of a kidney" (no mention of partial) was a disqualifier.  So, based on the literal interpretation, they ran tests to see if the remaining portion of the kidney still worked.  It did and I was in, so I know what you went through.  It makes a statement about your desire to serve and as an American, I greatly appreciate it.  Best of luck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Glad to see ya back on yer feet,feels good doesnt it!
YOU GOT IN....ALRIGHT!!!!!!!! FROM someone who has seen the best side of 30

NO MP,oh well,hey maybe blow up some $hit for us!HEHE
CONGRATS X--KILL
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Congratulations!
I am going into the 19 SFG(A) in August or September myself. Either 97E or 92R. Someday, mayber I will make it as an 18X. Let the board members know if you have questions about different MOS's. There are a lot of vets, weekend warriors, and active-duty guys here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess that makes three of us... signed up in january... my ship date is may 28. MOS: 45bravo small arms repair
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#22]
CONGRATULATIONS - I, too, joined the Guard (Air, though) as an old man and celebrated my 31st birthday during BMT. Go get some!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top