Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2002 1:46:09 PM EDT
Anyone try the new one? The Preview Version? How are your DL speeds? I am on a dial-up, but I used to hook half ways decent(4-5K) now I can't even hook at 1K, anyone else have problems with it?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been down for about a week.  I had the same problems, there are bugs in the current version so they are working on an upgrade.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
SUCKS!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
no sir i don't like it, not one bit, i have dial-up and the connection is about the same, i just don't like the new style stuff
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
no sir i don't like it, not one bit, i have dial-up and the connection is about the same, i just don't like the new style stuff
View Quote

AMEN!
I liked the old one! Fix the bug(s) in it and let me have it back the way it was!

$*)^%$#@)(&^$ Programers.....

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
What a piece if crap!!  I hate the new Morpheus.

I can't seem to do or find half of the files I could on the old version.

And I agree about the speeds...I have DSL and 99% of my downloads and/or connections just say "can't connect"  or are scraping along at 24.4 speeds!

All i ask is to be able to d'load copyrighted material at no charge, and at a fast speed! Is that too much?  [;)]

...SUA SPONTE...
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer LIMEWIRE or WINMX
[url]http://www.limewire.com/[/url]

[url]http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1896420-100-5948661.html?tag=list[/url]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Try www.kazaa.com
Morpheus was using their software. It looks, feels and most importantly has the speed of the old morpheus. New morpheus looks spiffy, but speeds and connection suck ass, just like Limewire and Bearshare.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anybody but me tried Direct-Connect from [url]http://www.neo-modus.com[/url]?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Try www.kazaa.com
Morpheus was using their software. It looks, feels and most importantly has the speed of the old morpheus. New morpheus looks spiffy, but speeds and connection suck ass, just like Limewire and Bearshare.
View Quote

I've tried em all since Morpheus has been down and can say that Kazaa is definately the fastest.  

Oh yeah, noone uploaded a virus to Morpheus, what happened was that another peer to peer sharing company released a new version of its software, which was compatible with Morpheus.  Now that software created the error messages we all saw as it recognized the new software, but could not communicate with it.  That's why we all got the error messages.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Kazaa is sweet, but it has spyware.  You need to get a replacement cd_clint.dll to keep it from spying on you.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the new version of morpheus thats available is called the "preview edition." as such, not all of the planned features may be accessible.  at least i hope that's whats wrong with it, cause right now morpheus SUCKS!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't find it on the musiccity website can someone email the new version to me?

Clinth
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't find it on the musiccity website can someone email the new version to me?

Clinth
View Quote

Clinth,
Go here to download:
[url]http://dl.cnet.com/downloads/0-1896420-108-76172.html?tag=bt.dl.musiccity[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:10:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kazaa is sweet, but it has spyware.  You need to get a replacement cd_clint.dll to keep it from spying on you.  
View Quote

Where does one find this file?

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where does one find this file?
View Quote

[url]http://www.cexx.org/dummies.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Hate the new version.  Can't connect to a damn thing, but hopefully that will change once more people download it.  Hate the new look, hate the new setup, hate the whole damn thing.  I hate how you lose everything that was qued in your transfer section.  I want the old morpheus back, that was a great piece of software.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

How can you tell if something you are about to download has spyware ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#19]
The best: [url]www.audiogalaxy.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Add to that it just crashed, forcing a hard restart of my computer.  Wow it needs to be patched.  Audiogalaxy is the best, yes, but only for music files.  It's pretty worthless for anything that's not an mp3, as it does not handle documents, software programs, video files, etc.  Still rules for music, though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How can you tell if something you are about to download has spyware ?
View Quote

Check here:
[url]http://www.spychecker.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Two questions on Kazaa

1)  How do I make cameron Diaz SHUT THE F### UP! w/ her tree hugging crap that comes on every time I connect?

2)  How do I disable the spywear features?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top