Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:49:36 AM EDT
Howard Dean just said that under the healthcare bill a family "making 70-80 K per year will spend over 20 THOUSAND a year for health insurance".

These idiots are going to get people killed by passing this. I can`t wait till somebody starts banging on my door wanting my payment and "an extra two months in advance to make sure you stay current on your payments". Are they going to put liens on our homes for non-compliance? You bet your ass THEY will. I`m quite positive that this will ruin peoples lives in large numbers almost immediately. What about the guy who has to choose between college tuition and "mandatory" health insurance. I don`t think I would like looking my daughter in the eye and telling her "I`m sorry the gov`t shattered your dreams honey,,,but at least you have insurance".
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]

$20,000 per year?  By the way, Dean is trying to kill the current bill.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I cant wait to see how many people flat out refuse to sign up.

Are they required to sign up now?? Or in 2013 when it takes effect??

If I had no kids I would be one of the ones refusing to pay.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
He needs to try harder.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Uh-oh!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh-oh!!

The far left consider it to be unsuitable and want to try again after the new year.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh-oh!!

The far left consider it to be unsuitable and want to try again after the new year.

Un friggin' believable!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Howard Dean just said that under the healthcare bill a family "making 70-80 K per year will spend over 20 THOUSAND a year for health insurance".

These idiots are going to get people killed by passing this. I can`t wait till somebody starts banging on my door wanting my payment and "an extra two months in advance to make sure you stay current on your payments". Are they going to put liens on our homes for non-compliance? You bet your ass THEY will. I`m quite positive that this will ruin peoples lives in large numbers almost immediately. What about the guy who has to choose between college tuition and "mandatory" health insurance. I don`t think I would like looking my daughter in the eye and telling her "I`m sorry the gov`t shattered your dreams honey,,,but at least you have insurance".

dont worry, BIG GIVERNMENT is gonna pay for her college education as well, just the next step up from high school, hell we are in 17th place in college educations in the world,,,,,

still thinking the greatest gift to give our kids is

VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT IN NOVEMEBER 2010 with this chant

REPEAL THE BILLS REPEAL THE BILLS
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Well become and illegal alien or a layabout and uncle Sammy will pay if for you. If you work your screwed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#9]

I am in that financial bracket.
My employer may spend that much,  I dont.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#10]
This is from a few days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL_tPb4P-4I
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well become and illegal alien or a layabout and uncle Sammy will pay if for you. If you work your screwed.

Uhhhhh.....what?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Paging Madame Defarge.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#13]
All the sign-up verifications and penalties are to be administered through your tax returns, by the friendly people of the IRS.

Bend over and hide your dog.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#14]
What's a family?   Is it a man an wife, one working, both working.

Maybe its the family with 19 kids?   Sounds about right there.

Maybe the Octo-mom.....should be more.

He's not speaking clearly and for a physician that's not good for you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Paging Madame Defarge.....

Nicely done!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#16]

The problem is it will be so heinous if it passes, people will be willing to accept almost anything to scale it back. This means fujll gov't healtcare.

They will pass this turd, then blame the chaos on the Insurance industry.

And I hope Ben Nelson burns in hell for what he did.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Why wouldn't you refuse?  If the penalty is only 750 bucks, I would pay the penalty and then if I had some huge thing happen I would then pay for it since they can not refuse pre existing conditions.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why wouldn't you refuse?  If the penalty is only 750 bucks, I would pay the penalty and then if I had some huge thing happen I would then pay for it since they can not refuse pre existing conditions.

The problem is once the precendent of mandatory policy purchase is set, they can always increase the penalty. They could also decide to add a wage garnish clause, just like the IRS does for unpaid taxes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why wouldn't you refuse? If the penalty is only 750 bucks, I would pay the penalty and then if I had some huge thing happen I would then pay for it since they can not refuse pre existing conditions.

The problem is once the precendent of mandatory policy purchase is set, they can always increase the penalty.

That is fine, but if what Dean says is true, than they will significantly have to increase the penalty which they will not do.  The reason being is because they know they will piss off their poor base.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is once the precendent of mandatory policy purchase is set, they can always increase the penalty. They could also decide to add a wage garnish clause, just like the IRS does for unpaid taxes.

As I understand it, they won't need to garnish your wages.

The bill give the IRS the powers to take the funds directly out of your bank accounts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I understand it, they won't need to garnish your wages.

The bill give the IRS the powers to take the funds directly out of your bank accounts.

Then its cash in the mattress and money orders for paying bills.

This thing is my line in the sand.  I will not comply, I will not submit.  Period.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#24]
It's not ABOUT health insurance.

I'd like to be the middleman between every employer and employee myself, take the money from one party, give it to the other party, just as effieicnt, right?

Except for my "handling fee" of course, nothing to worry about, say...5% of the total?

Healthcare deals with one dollar out of every six in the United States.

This is about their "cut".

Plus the fact...if some sort of shadowy method of stealing money from hundreds of millions of Americans doesn't take effect real real soon....this government will default on it's debt and then it's Katie bar the door.

If they try to steal it openly, Katie bar the door.

If they do not steal it and cut services instead, Katie bar the door.

This is the desperate act of an insolvent government.

I don't think we have much time left.

I'm hoping for some sort of miracle. if no miracle appears, the traditional post holiday depression season....is likely to be...interesting january, about a month from now.

IF it holds off that long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top