just had to
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Give 2 or more
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes.  Give 2 or more

Is this going to say "I love you", "I like you", or " Merry Christmas?" We're not an "item" yet but we're talkin'
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Its more of a decoration than a gift.  Would you give her christmas lights as a gift?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its more of a decoration than a gift.  Would you give her christmas lights as a gift?

I'm looking for a quick easy gift. I thought flowers would be nice but I don't know how that'll be accepted.  I figured poinsettias would be a way to give "flowers" but hidden in the mascaraed as "decorations".  The girl knows I like her, but she is not ready to date so I don't want to be putting in soo much effort right now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Does she have cats? Cats can die from eating them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#8]

The girl knows I like her, but she is not ready to date so I don't want to be putting in soo much effort right now.[/quote]

She's not ready to date?  As in, she's only 12.........?

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#9]
It depends. Is she your grandmother or an elderly aunt?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#10]
NM, how about a nice bottle of wine?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:40:34 AM EDT
[#11]
um she's 22.  It's really complicated. But basically she's been in bad relationships and is nervous.  I think she's coming around to the idea that I'm a top notch man.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#12]
She has an indoor cat.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#13]
22? she doesn't want a poinsettia
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Bad idea then unless you are looking to kill her cat. Seriously a potted plant for a present? I'm about ready to call your mancard into question.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't think she does but I considered on a subconscious level she'd understand they're "flowers".   We've only been talking for  6 weeks.   I would like to also give another gift.... however I thought the Poinsettias would be good to send to her at work so the staff would go "Awww"
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

um she's 22.  It's really complicated. But basically she's been in bad relationships and is nervous. I think she's coming around to the idea that I'm a top notch man.

You A #1

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bad idea then unless you are looking to kill her cat. Seriously a potted plant for a present? I'm about ready to call your mancard into question.

Well it's more for a "Hey this is for you to decorate. I am just being thoughtful."  I'm not ready to make any moves on her and I'm most certain she's not ready for me too either.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:48:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think she does but I considered on a subconscious level she'd understand they're "flowers".   We've only been talking for  6 weeks.   I would like to also give another gift.... however I thought the Poinsettias would be good to send to her at work so the staff would go "Awww"

Ok, you are going to need some help on this.  I don't have all the answers but I can tell you are definitely going to need help.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I was at her house the other day and she showed me some candy cane reindeer she made and she needed to make more.

But she was missing those craft googly eyes and I pointed that out. She got very animated and said " I knowwwww!! I need to get some!"  So a few days later I told her I got her a surprise and waited for her to get off work.  She asks is it was something dumb. "Oh yes very dumb"  and I handed here one by one a caouple packs of googly eyes, red colored pom poms  (For little rudolphs) some black pompoms, glue to glue it together and more pipe cleaners.

At each little pack of goodies her eyes and expression grew brighter and more joyful and surprised! She goes " I can't believe it and we just talked about this!"  
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#20]
You can never go wrong with flowers. These are a Department of Women (DOW) favorite.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
um she's 22.  It's really complicated. But basically she's been in bad relationships and is nervous.  I think she's coming around to the idea that I'm a top notch man.

Umm, not sure if giving a 22 year old a poinsietta and calling yourself a "top notch man" actually go well together.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Just get her a funny card.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You can never go wrong with flowers. These are a Department of Women (DOW) favorite.

I just don't know when a good time to give them would be.  Right now we're "friends who have a mutual attraction for eachother but hesitant to get our hearts broken again"

Her fav colors are orange yellow and black.  I thought some Yellow and orange flowers in a small arrangement sent by the local florist would be smooth.  But if I do that, that means I'm ready for something deeper. I'm not sure if that's where we are going yet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Are they harmless to cats and dogs? I always keep hearing they're not.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, not sure if giving a 22 year old a poinsietta and calling yourself a "top notch man" actually go well together.

Thanks! I know!  I'm just approaching her in a delicate manner. She's been hurt badly before in relationships and said that she is content on being single the rest of her life. God is all she needs.  I'm in that same boat. But, we discussed it and we also are both yearning for an earthly companion and are both ready to start heading that way.  

It's the question of "are we supposed to be together for marriage?" Or did God interject her into my life to help me solve some of my issues, and vice versa?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was at her house the other day and she showed me some candy cane reindeer she made and she needed to make more.

But she was missing those craft googly eyes and I pointed that out. She got very animated and said " I knowwwww!! I need to get some!"  So a few days later I told her I got her a surprise and waited for her to get off work.  She asks is it was something dumb. "Oh yes very dumb"  and I handed here one by one a caouple packs of googly eyes, red colored pom poms  (For little rudolphs) some black pompoms, glue to glue it together and more pipe cleaners.

At each little pack of goodies her eyes and expression grew brighter and more joyful and surprised! She goes " I can't believe it and we just talked about this!"  

Being thoughtful like that will get you alot further than anything else.  You don't need to send anything to work to get her co-workers to aww.  Just be nice for now and look for little things you can do to let her know you are listening to what she says.  But don't go overboard.  Just a little here and there.

Also, don't act like a pussywhipped little puppy.j

ETA: I read your last post and it sounds like you are both overthinking it before it has even started.  STOP IT! and tell her to do the same.

ETA2:  If you want to give her flowers, then do it.  But don't have the florist deliver them.  They don't even have to be made up by the florest.  Get them, knock on her door and say here.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being thoughtful like that will get you alot further than anything else.  You don't need to send anything to work to get her co-workers to aww.  Just be nice for now and look for little things you can do to let her know you are listening to what she says.  But don't go overboard.  Just a little here and there.

Also, don't act like a pussywhipped little puppy.

Haha.  I know a guy we nicknamed "PW".  Good advise.  I should check myself on that.  So far I'm good.

See she was complaining that guys are just not thoughtful, inconsiderate and usually jerks.  I think that I'm exhibiting the antithesis of this description; I'm the proverbial nice guy/gentleman. Or at least try to be.  She's already mentioned it several times in a giddy manner. "Tony  you're/... no nevermind" "I'm what?"  "nevermind" and hides.  later she goes "you're very special......you're so sweet."
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm off to run errands.  Any good suggestions please submit an IM.   Every time I talk to her I learn something more that I like.

Or post them here.  I'll check later.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I know!  I'm just approaching her in a delicate manner. She's been hurt badly before in relationships and said that she is content on being single the rest of her life. God is all she needs.  I'm in that same boat. But, we discussed it and we also are both yearning for an earthly companion and are both ready to start heading that way.  

It's the question of "are we supposed to be together for marriage?" Or did God interject her into my life to help me solve some of my issues, and vice versa?

Just ask her out for dinner. Meet her at the resturant, go your seperate ways after. Thats not a date. Tell even God doesn't mind if 2 people get together to eat.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top