Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2002 10:20:59 AM EDT
I am getting a message "OGC VARIANT DETECTED" message when I begin to play on the AR15.com server.

Here's what happened:

Yesterday I formatted my HD, installed Windows 2000.  I re-installed my Retail version of CS.  Installed the Retail map pack from a backup CD.  Upgraded to 1.0.0.3 from a backup CD.

I played on the AR15 server yesterday, np.  

I played on a server today (IP 66.149.82.133:27015) that also uses CSGuard, again NP, until it switched maps to "Nuke."  My computer did not have "Nuke"  (which it should have installed from the retail map file)  Their server downloads the file to my computer.

After download is complete, I get an error "Unable to open Valve/JOS"  CS crashes.  

I restart, twice.  Each time that I try to reconnect to their server, my CS crashes, same error...

NOW I am getting the "OGC VARIANT DETECTED" message from AR15.com server?  ARG?!?!

Help, advice?

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have re-installed 1.0.0.3 Upgrade.  I tried two other known CSGuard servers, neither gave me an error.

I checked several more time on the AR15 server, I get a whole series of the OGC VARIANT DETECTED messages, one after another after another.  Looks like the problem might be on your server side.

I know you are busy with the Hero Rifle fiasco, but I think MY needs precede ALL others' needs, doncha think? [/kidding]

TheRedGoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top