Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2002 1:38:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched the game too, Canada was looking for an Olympic gold after 50 years and the US had the chance of taking a third gold medal in home winter games in a row.

But the better team edged out the victory and congratulations for Canada.

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
We kick ass!!!

We're the best at hitting rubber discs with sticks. lol!!

Woohoo!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We kick ass!!!

We're the best at hitting rubber discs with sticks. lol!!

Woohoo!!!
View Quote

Now that's something to be proud of! [:D]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If it wasn't us, I'm glad that it was Canada.
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The USA has improved alot in the past years.  Canada has always had the best players in North America.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Best team won this one, but I can flat guarantee that Roenick and co. can break up a bunch of cheap chairs faster than any of your players can pronounce "Jarome Iginla."  

I didn't get to see any of the games, and look forward to seeing Jarome in action.  Not to second guess the US team, but I think I would have liked to see some younger blood.

Now if only the NHL would open the ice up to international standards and keep 5 on 5 play....  
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fdudleybox%2Ejpg[/img]

WAAAAAA !!!![>(][>(] WE WAS ROBBED !!!![>(][>(] THE REFS WERE PAID OFF!!!! THE CROWD SAID WE WON!!!! WE NEED TO BITCH, WHINE, CRY AND DEMAND THAT WE GET GOLD MEDALS TOO !!!!
[>(][>(][>(][>(]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Spectre...

The only stolen medal was the Pairs Gold...it has been proven.

The only crooked ref was in the ladies final.

The only crowd outrage occured in BOTH of the above.

That said from what I have seen I fully expect you to whine anyway.....

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
THE PUCK WAS JUICED !!!! SOME CANUCK WAS SHINING A LASER POINTER IN OUR GOALIES EYES!!!!
[size=5]THE CROWD SAID WE WON !!!!![/size=5]

BTW, the only one I noticed whining, crying and throwing a tizzy fit was your boy gretzky[>(]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Joe Sakic Rules!!!!!
Congrats to the Canadian Team for bringing it all home.
I hate the NBA in the Olympics, but I love the NHL players in the Olympics. I hope they agree to play in Italy in 2006.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Spec....

Are you trying to say that the cross check that Grets was commenting on was LEGIT!!!

Oh Come on!!

If that was not an obvious suspension hit NOTHING is....you do know that such hits have caused paralysis!!!  Which is why they are illegal.....It was plain jane bad reffing.

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#12]
There's still drug testing to be done. Medals are being stripped as we speak from various athletes. Let hope they don't test those hockey players for Molsens... [;)]

Still a heck of a game!
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrads to our neighbors to the north.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Congratulations Team Canada, you did good.

[:D]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
[beer] Sale, shes a hottie[:D]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fdudleybox%2Ejpg[/img]

WAAAAAA !!!![>(][>(] WE WAS ROBBED !!!![>(][>(] THE REFS WERE PAID OFF!!!! THE CROWD SAID WE WON!!!! WE NEED TO BITCH, WHINE, CRY AND DEMAND THAT WE GET GOLD MEDALS TOO !!!!
[>(][>(][>(][>(]
View Quote

Please stop, you're starting to sound RUSSIAN!
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Funny how "Team Canada" all live and work in America.

Dear Canadians -

We Americans were pleased to lend you our best athletes so you could win gold. Please return them to their respective US teams - Pitt Penguins, NY Rangers, etc etc etc - so they can resume their NHL season.

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Glad to see Team Canada take home the gold!
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Striker....the USA "Ladies" Coach says that they made sure NOT to step on the flag that they "placed" on the floor of their dressing room.  The "idea" it seems was to enforce the concept that the Canadian Ladies would be everywhere on the ice.  

Mind you putting the flag on the floor is an insult no matter how you slice it.

Garand Man...you have it backwards...we lend you our skilled players to fill in YOUR NHL Teams.  Heck even some of your Olympic Players were Canadians who did not make the cut for our team......sorry.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Garand Man...you have it backwards...we lend you our skilled players to fill in YOUR NHL Teams.  Heck even some of your Olympic Players were Canadians who did not make the cut for our team......sorry.
View Quote

How many NHL hockey teams does Cananda have?? Alls I can think of are three - Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Flames.....others????

How many NHL hockey teams does the US have??? 20??? More?????

If Canadian hockey is so wonderful, how come all you Canucks come to America to play???

Oh, Edmonton Oilers also. OK - 20+ US teams to FOUR Canadian teams.

If it weren't for the AMERICAN NHL, hockey wouldn't even BE an Olympic sport. Kinda like ice fishing isn't an Olympic sport. [}:D]

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Congratulations to the Men and Women of teams Canada. [beer]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Way to go, you HOSERS!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top