Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 9:17:14 PM EDT
Some of his movies might suck, but you still have to admire the guy.

[url]http://www.tusseycustom.com/customers.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
A guy who likes good ol' .45s can't be ALL bad, anyway......
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
At those prices I don't think I'll be picking one up anytime soon!
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You will notice he always uses a .45 in his movies, and does some mag changes.

I recall reading an article on him a while back.  He is (rather) demanding of a gunsmith--his accuracy test for his .45's involves shooting one round, and then emptying the remaing magazine trying to hit that hole in the target (i.e. the sights must be DEAD on at {I believe} 7 yards).  

Nice to see an action "star" that really knows guns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Your kung fu is very good [stick] ...but my full-house custom 1911 is better [pistol].

You killed my master, now you must die.

(you have to picture my mouth moving out of sync with the words while you read this post)
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
F him, another draft dodging piece of shit,,thats right in a nut shell! Oh but what? he was a Canadian football player,,form a long line of..F him and all of is scum. They piece of crap portrays Vitnam vets,,he did his best to advoid fighting for what his country US was doing,,cause I'm sure that he advoided putting himself in a positon for his our/US country to ask him or may be we US did,,no matter what he did not pack the gear,,I geuss that he was from a long line of Canadian football players. You get the piont,,Ihope.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
How old is he? He would have to be at least 50 in order to have dodged the draft in 1970, and I don't think he's that old. Got any proof of your statement?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Gee Rule, you mean the Vietnam war was a righteous war? I guess we ought to re-write history just for you huh? If he stayed out of it my hat is off to him. If he fought to bring us home I thank him! THAT'S called "supporting the troops!"
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How old is he? He would have to be at least 50 in order to have dodged the draft in 1970, and I don't think he's that old. Got any proof of your statement?
View Quote

I think he is about the right age. I like most of his flicks, but SURE as hell disagree with his environmentalist stand....
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:02:26 AM EDT
[#9]
On Tussey's site at the URL above, on the pricing page at the bottom is this:

[b]NO RUGER D.A. REVOLVERS OR AUTOS[/b]

What's this?  A political statement or is there something about Ruger pistols?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:13:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh yes, you know mos honorable art of chingchang. (Racking slide) ching-chang!

Nick
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:50:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the way he handles a pistol in his movies. Looks better than most of the Hollywood crap that hits the screens.

I remember taking a date to see a Segal movie one night. I did not know who he was then (this was his second movie. Much better than going to see a "date movie"!!!

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Some of his movies might suck, but you still have to admire the guy.
View Quote

Admire him for what ?!?!?! All of his bullshit claims of being a CIA operative and SF member ?!?!!!!!
Maybe he needs those high speed 45's in case his fat ass gets hunted down by the father of another underage babysitter !!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Admire him for what ?!?!?! All of his bullshit claims of being a CIA operative and SF member ?!?!!!!!
View Quote

Nope, just for having good taste in firearms, and for his apparent belief in the 2nd Ammendment.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Do you know who Kelly LeBrock is?   Ever seen the movie Weird Science?  

Well, she is (or was) married to Steven Segal, and he has beaten the shit out of her a few times.

He's a scumbag.

CJ

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#16]
He's just another hollywood hype who's movies have been heading straight to the toilet.  Maybe he likes 45's but he's still nothing more than a fat bastard.  I bet Jackie Chan could shove his foot up Segal's fat asshole.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#17]
The Internet Movie Database lists his DOB as 10 APR 1951 in Lansing, MI.

Although I cannot back up any of this up - I too have heard all of the stories that he was some sort of "covert" CIA operator.  Most of which has been proven false and most of the "ops" discussion groups I've read in the past do not hold him very high regard.  I was told a long time ago by an old SEAL that a sure way to spot is wannabe is for them to tell you that "I am" classified.  This old master chief also told me, "Personnel are not classified but missions are".

From what I can gather, he "moved" to Japan (not Canada) at the age of 19 (1970) (hmmmmm curious) and didn't return to the U.S. until 1982 (5 years after Jimmy Carter's amnesty program for draft resisters).

Just my 2 pennnies

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
F him, another draft dodging piece of shit,,thats right in a nut shell! Oh but what? he was a Canadian football player,,form a long line of..F him and all of is scum. They piece of crap portrays Vitnam vets,,he did his best to advoid fighting for what his country US was doing,,cause I'm sure that he advoided putting himself in a positon for his our/US country to ask him or may be we US did,,no matter what he did not pack the gear,,I geuss that he was from a long line of Canadian football players. You get the piont,,Ihope.
View Quote

Oh good grief.
Do you know why Obatta Sensei is fond of Mexican food? How about his occupation from 76 – 84? I’m guessing all your friends refer to you as "The pillow biter." and the backs of all your underwear look like the Japanese flag. You get the point... I hope.

Originally Posted By Commando_Guy
Oh yes, you know mos honorable art of chingchang. (Racking slide) ching-chang!
View Quote

The term you’re looking for is .45 waza.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, guys!
I'll be making my egotistical "I'm back..again" post soon, but I figured I'd chime in on this one.

Quoted:
He's just another hollywood hype who's movies have been heading straight to the toilet.  Maybe he likes 45's but he's still nothing more than a fat bastard.  I bet Jackie Chan could shove his foot up Segal's fat asshole.
View Quote

Something tells me it wouldn't take Jackie Chan to take this guy down.  I took on a friend of mine, an 18 year student of Aikido (apparantly Segal's art of choice), with a few years of experience under my belt...but mostly I just wanted to see how 2 years of JiuJitsu would fair against him, using mostly ground skills.  Turns out he's a wiley guy, but it didn't take long to get a successful shoot and take him down.  The lesson?  I might not kick SEGAL's ass, but that Aikido bullshit just doesn't fly unless you have some other way of striking.

2nd point - I do admire him for having a taste, not in firearms specifically (although it does give him brownie points for complying with the 2nd Amendment), but rather for stressing the necessity for pinpoint accuracy.  Some people like pretty guns, some people like big guns, some people like fast guns, but I'd take an ugly, beat-up tackdriver anyday of the week.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Screw Seagall! You set it up and I'll beat the shit out of that Toupee wearin', fat assed loser.

He fired the cameraman of his second flick after he told him to stop making him look fat. When it was pointed out that he WAS fat and that lenses only do so much, he cut the guy loose.

He is a grade A punk who became an "expert" only because he married the daughter of the man passing out black belts.

He's done NOTHING in life and you can bet that if he wasn't Jewish that he'd have never gotten his "break" in Hollywood.

I despise that wimp.

Oh...and watch his greenpeace agenda in his movies, that is if you can stomach a session watching one of those laugh fests.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Internet Movie Database lists his DOB as 10 APR 1951 in Lansing, MI.

Although I cannot back up any of this up - I too have heard all of the stories that he was some sort of "covert" CIA operator.  Most of which has been proven false and most of the "ops" discussion groups I've read in the past do not hold him very high regard.  I was told a long time ago by an old SEAL that a sure way to spot is wannabe is for them to tell you that "I am" classified.  This old master chief also told me, "Personnel are not classified but missions are".

From what I can gather, he "moved" to Japan (not Canada) at the age of 19 (1970) (hmmmmm curious) and didn't return to the U.S. until 1982 (5 years after Jimmy Carter's amnesty program for draft resisters).

Just my 2 pennnies

View Quote

Actually he was born in Japan. His father worked for the State Department. (Check it out –Federal Register 55-70)

He never said he was a "Seal" or an "SF guy" you made an assumption.

Know what they say about those?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys crack me up gotta laugh some of you are really funny but draft dodgers are not funny and neither is fighting a war.Beating women just proves what a weak man some people really are.SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Just to clarify what my point originally was, is he everything that you guys have brought out?  Probably. Should he be a role model and be looked up to for the way he's chosen to conduct his life?  Hell no.

What I do have is a grudging respect for is, that among all the "Hollywood hypocrisy" of celebs who side with the antis, despite the fact that their movies have guns in them, Segal at least appears to actually to actually own, and can use them.

Do I have to like the guy?  No, but at least it's nice to have a high profile 2nd Ammendment supporter.  My.02
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Actually he was born in Japan. His father worked for the State Department. (Check it out –Federal Register 55-70)

View Quote

I do not want to turn this into a pissing match but what does The Federal Register have to do with proof that his daddy worked for State?  The Federal Register lists U.S. federal agency announcements and information, such as presidential documents, agency meetings, grant opportunities, and proposed federal regulations.

You will have to do better than that - like post a hyperlink to your poof.

As for assunptions - reread my post.  I never claimed he was in SF or a SEAL just that an old crusty master chief told me how to spot a wannabe.

Of the links I searched, mostly star-struck fan and industry sites, show:

Steven Seagal was born April 10, 1951 in Lansing, Michigan, and was raised outside Detroit with his three sisters. At the age of 5, the family moved to Fullerton, California where his mother, Pat, worked as a medical technician and his father Steven Sr. taught high school math.

[url]http://www.50states.com/bio/michigan.htm[/url]
It is a shame that he's listed with a Great American like Ted Nugent.

[url]http://members.aol.com/take144365/timeline.htm[/url]

[url]http://us.imdb.com/Name?Seagal,+Steven[/url]

[url]http://www.eonline.com/Facts/People/Bio/0,128,14145,00.html[/url]

[url]http://www.journaled.com/MA/Aikido/SSeagal/main.htm[/url]

As for the original post that started all of this - What does a big "tough-guy" like Seagal need with a six ported barrel on a .45 for anyway?

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As for the original post that started all of this - What does a big "tough-guy" like Seagal need with a [b]six ported[/b] barrel on a .45 for anyway?
View Quote

You might say he's..."compensating"...for something?  *Eee-vil finger to mouth*
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some of his movies might suck...
View Quote

Some? Some?

Quoted:
my kung fu was good also until i developed fat guy syndrome like segal. Then i also found the light and the path of the .45.
View Quote

*ROFL*  Yeah, that beer slaying will do that

Quoted:
Do you know who Kelly LeBrock is? Ever seen the movie Weird Science?

Well, she is (or was) married to Steven Segal, and he has beaten the shit out of her a few times.
View Quote

Yikes! I've never heard that. Recall where you came across that?

Quoted:
but that Aikido bullshit just doesn't fly unless you have some other way of striking
View Quote

Don't count on it. Your friend may just not be very good. I saw a demonstration when I was a kid by one of the top guys in Japan (little old fellow) and nobody could lay a hand on him. His attackers were thrown all over the place and he was so fast it was almost like he wasn't even connecting...

If I remember correctly (from some talk show interview) he said that he believed AIDS was created by the United States government. Guy is fucking left-wing conspiracy-minded nutjob.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
but that Aikido bullshit just doesn't fly unless you have some other way of striking
View Quote

Don't count on it. Your friend may just not be very good. I saw a demonstration when I was a kid by one of the top guys in Japan (little old fellow) and nobody could lay a hand on him. His attackers were thrown all over the place and he was so fast it was almost like he wasn't even connecting...

View Quote

Let me rephrase.  It takes far, FAR longer to become a master, much less just a COMPETENT STUDENT, of Aikido, than it does of JiuJitsu or Wing Chun.  It will take you well over 10 years to become fairly natural at the former, while the latter can be used quite effectively with just a few years of experience.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:28:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I find him to be a talented martial artist with a high skill level. More so than many of his detractors I would think.........:-)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Hmm.  I seem to recall that Seagal thinks the 2nd Amendment guarantees his right to make movies with guns, and for actors to own guns.  But in his opinion, us peons need to be disarmed.

Which fits with his Greenpeace agenda. . . .  After all, a disarmed peasant is a peasant who can't shoot helpless bunnies and duckies.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, and now he's incredibly wealthy, is/was doing Kelly LeBrock, has a number of custom fighting .45s, and pobably doesn't spend all his time on the internet.

Ain't America great!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Steven Segal is an actor, and not a very good one.  I'll not comment on his skills, or lack thereof, as a martial artist at this time.  Let us, instead, compare Mr. Segal to some the action stars of the past.  Whose performances are better:
Steven Segal or Douglas Fairbanks?
Steven Segal or Douglas Fairbanks Jr.?
Steven Segal or Kirk Douglas?
Steven Segal or Errol Flynn?
Steven Segal or Cary Grant?
Steven Segal or John Wayne?
Steven Segal or Sean Connery?
Steven Segal or Yul Brynner?
Steven Segal or Charlton Heston?
Steven Segal or Tony Curtis?
Steven Segal or Randolph Scott?
Steven Segal or Victor McLoughlin?
Steven Segal or Roy Scheider?
Steven Segal or Victor Mature?
Steven Segal or Gregory Peck?
Steven Segal or ...

My point has nothing to do with any of these actors as people, many of them probably had reprehensible personal lives.  My point is that, as actors, all of them were greatly superior to Mr. Segal.  All of them made action movies and other kinds of movies as well.  Segal knows how to make one shyttie action movie and he keeps making it over and over and over...Action movies don't have to be bad performances bracketed by explosions, but that seems to be what a lot of the public wants, so Segal, Van Damme, Lundgren, et. al continue to work despite having performing skills inferior to what can be found in a community little theater troupe.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Steven Segal or Chuck Norris?  [%|]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Chuck is a very nice guy........well mannered.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#34]
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on a gun forum.

Quoted:
Gee Rule, you mean the Vietnam war was a righteous war? I guess we ought to re-write history just for you huh? If he stayed out of it my hat is off to him. If he fought to bring us home I thank him! THAT'S called "supporting the troops!"
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Wasnt he allegedly beating Kelly Labrock during their short marriage? Can he even legally possess a gun?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I would rip his ears off and stick them in his back pocket so that he could hear me kick his ass. (As our mall security expert "Special Forces" would say.)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah, and now he's incredibly wealthy, is/was doing Kelly LeBrock, has a number of custom fighting .45s, and pobably doesn't spend all his time on the internet.

Ain't America great!
View Quote

Sounds like you're jealous.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't America great!
View Quote

Sounds like you're jealous.
View Quote

Nah, I'm not the one complaining about him. I've also not seen any of his later movies... voting with my wallet, so to speak.

Where else can a person invent or (re-invent) themselves and make a fortune doing it?  I do admire his success.  America truly IS a great country, don't you think?

But the big question *really* is, would he buy a Dell?

[:D]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I do not want to turn this into a pissing match but what does The Federal Register have to do with proof that his daddy worked for State?  The Federal Register lists U.S. federal agency announcements and information, such as presidential documents, agency meetings, grant opportunities, and proposed federal regulations.

You will have to do better than that - like post a hyperlink to your poof.

As for assunptions - reread my post.  I never claimed he was in SF or a SEAL just that an old crusty master chief told me how to spot a wannabe.

Of the links I searched, mostly star-struck fan and industry sites, show:

Steven Seagal was born April 10, 1951 in Lansing, Michigan, and was raised outside Detroit with his three sisters. At the age of 5, the family moved to Fullerton, California where his mother, Pat, worked as a medical technician and his father Steven Sr. taught high school math.

[url]http://www.50states.com/bio/michigan.htm[/url]
It is a shame that he's listed with a Great American like Ted Nugent.

[url]http://members.aol.com/take144365/timeline.htm[/url]

[url]http://us.imdb.com/Name?Seagal,+Steven[/url]

[url]http://www.eonline.com/Facts/People/Bio/0,128,14145,00.html[/url]

[url]http://www.journaled.com/MA/Aikido/SSeagal/main.htm[/url]

As for the original post that started all of this - What does a big "tough-guy" like Seagal need with a six ported barrel on a .45 for anyway?

View Quote

Actually the Federal Register also contains a list of contact names and addresses for given departments. - For instance employees of the Japanese consulate generals office in 1955.

Tell you what – You can even ask him what daddy did for a living.
[url= http://www.stevenseagal.com/]here[/url]

I just ICQed Ed Peteroy (A former sempi) I have the wrong guy. I’m thinking of Obata Kaiso. The name Segal took when he became Sensei is “Take” NOT obatta.

- Yes I’m an ass, sorry

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top