Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 10:07:05 AM EDT
Finally won a damn bid.  It is a small job, just over 1.2 mil, but damn, it feels good to get something on the books.

Boss was happy enough to pull out a bottle of Jim Beam Rye and serve up a celebratory shot.

Commercial / Industrial electrical has been tough out here.  Plenty of jobs to bid, but a shit ton of contractors bidding them.  This is the first bid I've been low in in over six months.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Plenty of jobs to bid, but a shit ton of contractors bidding them.  This is the first bid I've been low in in over six months.

It's the same for us.  The work is still there but instead of 2-3 contractors your bidding against when the economy is good, there are 7-8 your bidding against when the economy is bad.  Most are just bidding at or near cost to keep their crews working.   It hasn't been that bad in Texas for comm. plumbing/hvac & roofing.  I should say that we have some big general contractors that we have great long-term relationships with that helps.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top