Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 5:50:36 AM EDT
Just heard it breaking news on Fox, the Dems shoved through the bill that requires emissions to be dropped by 20% by 2020, I'm not sure if this is the "cap and trade" bill, but the Republican Senator talking on Fox said that this bill is going to go nowhere now, i guess that means it's got no chance of passing? anyone heard more info?  It was also said that this has never happened in US history, and that it's also the largest tax increase ever....

We really need to vote these Dem clowns out next year, Our jobs are going to shit, and all the democrats can think of is passing healthcare and Cap and trade, criminals...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The Democrats are swirling the drain, and they know it.  These are all acts of desperation.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Tuesday the communistcrats got a little taste of what they will get a lot of next year. The acorn whores and the communist czars are on their way out. Let them go to China and take Nancy Pussy with them, FUCK OSAMA TOO.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Liberals ––>  

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
If this is true I'm Pissed!  These liberals will sell their own mothers down the river!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If this is true I'm Pissed!  These liberals will sell their own mothers down the river!

I've been trying to find an article or something i can link to, but I quite literally woke up to "BREAKING NEWS" on Fox, and they were talking about it...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The Dems are going all in, it's now or never.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#7]
ARFCOM says that stuff like this can't happen, afterall the gov. has rules and procedures that must be followed.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:11:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been trying to find an article or something i can link to, but I quite literally woke up to "BREAKING NEWS" on Fox, and they were talking about it...

LINK
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ARFCOM says that stuff like this can't happen, afterall the gov. has rules and procedures that must be followed.

Ya! That Constitution thingy.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINK

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya! That Constitution thingy.  

That is just something that can be bypassed don't let that outdated document stand in your way of progress
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#12]
What I got out of the report (I just woke up) is that the Dems passed Cap N' Trade out of committee without an analysis from the EPA and without any Republican support. It made it sound like the Republicans were not even present for the vote.

From what the talking head said, this was unprecedented and very unorthodox.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#13]
So, wait- did they pass the bill and we're all fucked over now, or did they try to force it through and it's not passed yet?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't know if we can wait until 2010 to show them the exit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, wait- did they pass the bill and we're all fucked over now, or did they try to force it through and it's not passed yet?

It sounds like it was pushed through committee and is now awaiting a vote.

If it passes I may just turn my M35 into my daily driver.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sounds like it was pushed through committee and is now awaiting a vote.

If it passes I may just turn my M35 into my daily driver.

If it passes half of the country will be out of their jobs, including me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#17]
They've realized that their phony-baloney jobs are in danger and they're trying to do SOMETHINg to screw up our nation before they get booted. It would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic and such a threat to our nation.

Morons.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#18]
This patent display of the crazy will lead to a resurgence of those committed to small Government. Keep bringing it Dems-the world is watching.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#19]
When these politicians are hung in public, I'm going to wear one of those hats that holds two cans of beer and hold a sign that says "you were warned".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#20]
They're going to try.  The arrogance that they have developed will come back to bite them in the future.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't know if we can wait until 2010 to show them the exit.

There are very few limits to the damage they can accomplish by then.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Scorched earth.  THIS is how Libs REALLY feel.

TC
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The Democrats are swirling the drain, and they know it. These are all acts of desperation.

This.  It's now or never with them.  They know they're going to get clobbered in 2010; their hope is to get health care and cap-n-tax on the books before the Republicans take over because it's exceedingly difficult to kill a federal program or agency after it's created.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What I got out of the report (I just woke up) is that the Dems passed Cap N' Trade out of committee without an analysis from the EPA and without any Republican support. It made it sound like the Republicans were not even present for the vote.

Yes.  Normally, at least one member of the minority party has to be present to pass something out of committee, IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This patent display of the crazy will lead to a resurgence of those committed to small Government. Keep bringing it Dems-the world is watching.

Pfft. The vast majority of people will have forgotten about it by the next election. For some reason, Americans have the attention span of goldfish lately. Just the way the left likes it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The Democrats are swirling the drain, and they know it. These are all acts of desperation.

This.  It's now or never with them.  They know they're going to get clobbered in 2010; their hope is to get health care and cap-n-tax on the books before the Republicans take over because it's exceedingly difficult to kill a federal program or agency after it's created.

Which is something these worthless fucking pols need to get over.

If the republicans want to 1) win in 2010 and 2) win in 2012, they need to get real familiar with the term "repeal".
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#27]
What this means in practicle terms is that the Dems cannot offer any ammendments to the bill. Only the Reps can. Other than that...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I sense some problems for Americans...it seems that half our population wants things returned to the way our forefathers intended, and the other half is hell bent on turning us into a progressive nanny state...Complete ends of the spectrum..

I personally hope the Democraps keep up this desperate race to destroy our country, the more they forward their crazy ideals, the more they look like complete loons....
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#29]
AP article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091105/ap_on_bi_ge/us_climate_bill

This was coming before they feared for their jobs.

We still have at least a year of this bullshit left. Hang on tight.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pfft. The vast majority of people will have forgotten about it by the next election. For some reason, Americans have the attention span of goldfish lately. Just the way the left likes it.

I'm sure an amazing percentage of people really don't see any of this as a problem.

Here's a response from someone on another forum after I posted about ACORN getting regulatory authority over financial institutions AFTER all the tapes and bad press was released.

The mentality we are up against:
ACORN.....ooh shutter at the word ACORN. Meanwhile words like Haliburton and BlackWater give you guys a tingling feeling up your leg....
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Isn't that how they overturned the CCW in national parks bill from W?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top