Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 11:14:21 PM EDT
My sister had one of those TV arcade games that had Galaga, Ms. Pac-man, Grand Prix?(the original F1 game), and something else on it.  It just broked and the cheapest I can find it is 40 bucks.  I can't find anything else.

There was another TV arcade for 10 bucks but it had Galaxia on it instead of Galaga.  Can anyone help me out here?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to play Galaga all the time on NES. That thing was pixelized heroin for a 6 year old.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#2]
One of my all time fav's at the Arcade.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
hell yeah, I love Galaga

i think the highest score i've ever gotten was 81810, or around there, I think I suck, but I was happy that I got that high!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
hell yeah, I love Galaga

i think the highest score i've ever gotten was 81810, or around there, I think I suck, but I was happy that I got that high!

I don't recall if I have ever beaten the high score I got the other night at our Galaga tournament.  I got 59,xxx.  That was the first time I had played it in years though.  I got addicted to it within the first hour and now it's gone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#5]
There was a cheat on the old arcade games. You could make the machine run out of ammo. I could easily get the high score on any machine I played. Scores would run way up, but eventually, they would kamikaze you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Its available on the Iphone/Ipod touch
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:03:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought two of them plug and play games a few months ago at a yard sale for 50 cents each.
one with Pac-Man, Galaxian, Rally-X, Dig Dug and Bosconian and the other one has
Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position, Galaga, Mappy and Xevious. Best buck I've spent in a long time.

ETA that Wal-mart sold these for like 12 bucks you might try there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:08:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Galaga was great.

I also liked Missile Command, and Pac Man, and from the earlier days..... Space Invaders.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Get it on XBox Live.  You can upload your high school and compare to the rest of the world.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Get it on XBox Live.  You can upload your high school and compare to the rest of the world.

My intertubes can't fit a building of that size.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its available on the Iphone/Ipod touch

Yep, but the classic version is hard as hell.  I always play the remix if I want to last longer than one level.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Galaga was great.

I also liked Missile Command, and Pac Man, and from the earlier days..... Space Invaders.

Missile Command was an excellent game.  I tried finding it online but now all I can find are those cheesy versions where the "flak" explosion takes place the instance you click, right where you click so you don't have to time it at all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:30:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Had one in my dorm in college back in the early 80s..don't remember the details but I'm pretty sure I mastered it before I was done
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Galaga was by far my all-time favorite quarter stealer,  but I got good enough that I could entertain myself for hours on one quarter.

600,000 points, 700,000 points,  no problem.  And that was BEFORE I learned the cheat!

There is a way to play which will cause the game to glitch and then all the alien bugs stop throwing bombs at you.  Then your only hazard

is collisions.   The vast majority of collisions happen in corner squeeze plays, so try to avoid the corners.

Once you're in the no atttacks mode,  the game stays in that mode until you lose your ship(s) and have none to shoot with and have

to haul out a spare.   As long as you have one in play,  it won't reset.

You can play until you're very bored.

The cheat instructions are out there.  Search them.

They do work.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:50:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Dude, I downloaded it to my Blackberry and it is one of my guilty pleasures during down time or when waiting with nothing else to do. It's like crackometheroin.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:50:54 AM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I was 8 when Space Invaders first came out. I believe it was the first arcade game to hit the market. Pac-man, Galaga, tempest and others would soon follow. Kids today have no fuckin' idea just how much the gaming industry has evolved since it's conception.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I have the ROM and the Mame emulator.

I haven't played it for several years.

I used to be able to go into an arcade and play for hours with 1 quarter on that game.

What is this cheat you talk of?  

I broke 3 million a couple of times.  Most notably at some Putt-Putt golf place outside Ft. Bragg back in the mid-80s.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#21]

+2

To the OP, PM me if you need help figuring out how to run MAME.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top