Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 12:07:12 PM EDT
I know this may not be the appropriate place to ask this question but.....

I'm interested in buying a controlled round winchester model 70.  There is a guy selling one locally and he doesnt know if it is controlled round feed or push fed.  Now I am a newb and I dont really know what to look for exactly.  Isnt the difference with a controlled round fed rifle that the bolt grabs the round as it pushes it in and with a push fed rifle it just pushes it in without grabbing it?

All i want is confirmation or a little insight into how to tell the difference, not a suggestion of getting a Remington 700 or something

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The controlled round feed version has a large external  claw extractor, like a Mauser or newer Ruger m77's. The push feed looks more like a Remington.

CRF on bottom in this picture

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
here is a good video on how to tell the difference.

video
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the replies, they were very helpful.  

I went and looked, it was a push feed , but oh well, now I wasnt tempted to buy another gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top