Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:56:26 AM EDT
For the longest time, we have used heavy duty bookcases which I purchased at a surplus auction from the local university.

As our kids get older, it has become apparent that these are lacking in two main areas:

• height (results in a lot of wasted [vertical] storage space)

• access control (kids can get to stuff that should be access-controlled, e.g. candy)

I've found some pretty low-quality ones at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.  Not really interested in those...

Will be heading out to some of our big-box retailers this weekend (Lowe's, Home Depot, Sear's, etc), but was wondering if arf had any suggestions.

When I was growing up, we had a white metal pantry.  Six or eight shelves, approximately 6ft tall, 4ft wide, and 2ft deep.

The pantry doors had handles, which could be locked with a key, if necessary.

I know that concertina would help with the access control issue, but the wife unit has vetoed it.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This is why I don't want wood...

$80 + $35 shipping = $115 = teh suck

I could make one myself for less than half of that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
get thee a pocket hole kit, some plywood and a saw
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top