Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 5:44:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
He violated Man Law as well. Was a separate and additional punishment imposed for that?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#2]
They don't actually say if he was on duty when the pic was taken. If he was off duty or on break, then what would be the big deal?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate busybodies.  I wonder if she would like me to follow HER around with a  camera and write letters to her boss?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They don't actually say if he was on duty when the pic was taken. If he was off duty or on break, then what would be the big deal?

It just looks bad to have a trooper in uniform at his place of duty doing something like that. People assume he's on duty and the image is as damaging as the public's worst assumptions.

That would explain the policy referenced below:
"The department would not condone such activity by a member who is on-duty or in uniform," spokesman David Procopio said in April.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Pic from here (link)
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:Interesting. Not uncommon here for an LEO to get a haircut while on duty. I don't because of hair getting on your uniform.

Yea, what if he had to pick up his dry cleaning, or get something from the pharmacy while he was on his lunch break?

People get bent out of shape over the stupidest shit.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]
That is absolutely FABULOUSSssss!!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Shred his man card right now.

Right now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Was he on his break? Some "Citizens" (a very few of them anyway) have nothing better to do than harass someone in a .gov uniform or vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shred his man card right now.

Right now.

Yep - I believe that is the more serious problem!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#12]
More proof that those nefarious Kali Refugees are taking over every state...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:Interesting. Not uncommon here for an LEO to get a haircut while on duty. I don't because of hair getting on your uniform.

Yea, what if he had to pick up his dry cleaning, or get something from the pharmacy while he was on his lunch break?

People get bent out of shape over the stupidest shit.

Yeah, this is a big WTF?  

I saw a cop taking a crap the other day in a public mens room.  I should have reported that JBT!!  Bastard moving his bowels on MY taxpayer dime!  It just won't stand.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He violated Man Law as well. Was a separate and additional punishment imposed for that?

Agree.

I bet he has a wide stance at the airport restroom also

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#16]
True story.

Some concerned citizen saw a deputy eating at a Whataburger.  He filed a complaint. The end result was, the ONLY place deputies have to eat on the night shift was placed off limits. (No other 24 hour restaurants here) A policy stating deputies had to eat alone was also instituted.  (looks bad when there are two patrol cars in the parking lot)

Took over a year and the 100 Club going after the sheriff to get that one reversed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top