Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2009 6:42:25 PM EDT
this is 75% serious of what I am thinking of right now. I've never taken unemployment or welfare, or ss, or anything else. I make my own way and am dirt ass poor doing so! Currently I lost my lost job thanks to this great recession and I'm working part time at Staples for 8.00/a fucking hour.

I'm in WI which is a welfare and a fucking tax hell. I hate scumb bags. I hate leaches. I hate the welfare crowd. I hate everyone that thinks they are entitled to things. I hate everyone even more when they are "entitled" to things I've worked long hours for!

I was working today. Talking to a co-working and found out she used to get paid 10.00/hr. Staples nixed her job position and allowed her to continue working there for 8.00/hr. Now instead of 40hr/wk she is getting 32-38 and 8.00/hr. She gets unemployment for this in the sum of 5,000 dollars a fucking year! Depending on how much she makes each week depends on how big her unemployment government chump change is She is entitled to this for 2 god damn mother fucking years! Her power was going to be shut off as she's behind on her payments and the power company is not only going to take 1/2 of what she owes, lower her bill for low income, but they are going to contact a special state service to see if she is "entitled" to more of my god damn mother fucking tax money!!!!!!!!!

My g/f and I are both only working part time. I'm working at 8.00/hr and she is at 8.25/hr. We barely can pay for our bills and willingly and gladly pay for what we have and even manage to save a little bit each month to go out and eat. We don't have credit cards. We don't have car loans. We both have pre-paid cell phones. Dirt cheap and use them very sparingly. Mine costs me about 15.00 a month through page plus wireless. I found out many people tell me about how much money they save with free fucking cell phones. It royally pisses me off that I'm paying for their fucking cell phones

What the fuck is the point of even working other then to make myself feel better? I say if you live in a welfare state everyone making 8.00/hr or less and is part time should just fucking stop. Get a free cell phone. Let the state pay for your food, electricity, etc. The state offers free health care if you want it to. Sure go for that to. Get on some government housing and free fucking public transportation or something to. Fuck they even pay for "necessities" for pets.

Fuck this shit. I hate it. I hate what America is turning into. I'm literally [__] this close to saying fuck it and just taking the government money out of spite. A cell phone I can use as a primary line and never have to pay for.

This is mother fucking bull shit. I'm not going to do it, because I want to make my own way. But when people can live better of leaching off the hard work of others it's about time for a fucking revolution from the working people. A little class warefare might even be more fun then being poor and listening to people who are all in favor of more laws and big government talking about all their free shit that is better and nicer then the stuff you work hard for!

FUCK, AMERICA WAKE THE FUCK UP. BLACK, WHITE, HISPANIC, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF WE ALL GO DOWN THE FUCKING TOILET TOGETHER LIKE FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT SURROUNDED BY TOILET PAPER!

eta. I'm going to work again tomorrow, because I want to make my own way. Things may get better. I have a great g/f who's pro gun and doesn't want to use the system. I'm going to be 30 years old this week and still can't afford to have any kids. maybe someday when things are better I can start a family. I hate the fucking bastards who use the system to breed as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
10/10
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
take the unemployment, it is not welfare.  You paid for that unemployment insurance.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
take the unemployment, it is not welfare.  You paid for that unemployment insurance.

I can't get unemployment. I was self employed. I'm not good enough or entitled to other people's tax money, because I was making my own way
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to work more.... so you can pay for this!
The leachers thank you for your service!

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

I know I threw up too.. haha
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey man, I truly feel your pain.  What other job qualifications do you have?  You've got to have more to offer some company than checking or whatever at Staples.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
10/10!  Healthy rantage.  In before somebody tells him to "Start a business", or "Go back to school".   Times are squeezing many of us, and it is frustrating as heck.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Any income is better than no income.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Its worth it , you won't be a leech for doing so. Lost my job sep 1st employment is a blessing ,There are NO JOBS AT ALL in detroit !

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Take the unemployment.  It was paid for by you, use it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You need to work more.... so you can pay for this!
The leachers thank you for your service!

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

I know I threw up too.. haha

Fuck! I can't even get this and I'm only making about 600 a month! I have to already be on one of these as well which means they are already on this shit as well?!

* Badger Care
   * Food Stamps
   * Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
   * Medical Assistance (MA)
   * Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
   * WI HomesteadTax Credit (Schedule H)
   * WisconsinWorks (W2)

you have got to be fucking kidding me
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
These government programs were set up for people just like you. The problem said scumbags use these systems to their advantages. If you must use it, use it. We already pay for it, and I would be more than glad to fund your unemployment through my taxes than Shaniqua's or Jaquan's.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Given that he has a job, he can't get unemployment.  Surely you aren't suggesting that he quit or get fired so that he can draw benefits?  That WOULD make him a leach, even if it isn't welfare.  Also, if you do get unemployment checks, they are generally a fraction of what you were making, so it's likely that he'd be losing out anyway.

My advice to the OP?  Get a second job.  Save money.  Once you've saved enough, move somewhere that has better paying jobs.  It might sound harsh, but do something about your situation if you really want to differentiate yourself from the huddled masses.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#13]
i hear ya... graduated last year with a bachelors in engineering and I'm barely making ends meet. I cant get a job in my field and last week Farm and Fleet told me I was overqualified for a small engine tech position.

fuck i hate leeches as much as you do i dont leech off anybody, nobody should be able to leech off me.

if everything in this country is all about "equality" race, creed, sex, whatever, how can they tax one man more than another. moreso how the fuck can they tax me and give it to someone else?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was working today. Talking to a co-working and found out she used to get paid 10.00/hr. Staples nixed her job position and allowed her to continue working there for 8.00/hr. Now instead of 40hr/wk she is getting 32-38 and 8.00/hr. She gets unemployment for this in the sum of 5,000 dollars a fucking year! Depending on how much she makes each week depends on how big her unemployment government chump change is She is entitled to this for 2 god damn mother fucking years!

If it makes you feel any better, she's probably lying (or seriously confused).  Those numbers don't add up at all.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#15]

take the unemployment...look hard at changing your life for a field with possibilities.  I lost a job after working 23 years with a major oil company.  I had two kids and a wife that didnt work at the time.  Had no insurance,  I was depressed as hell.  5 years later, making good money as a contractor and it is not easy but very liberating.  I am no longer married to the beutiful whore with red lipstick.  I feared losing that job so much that I lived miserable.  Tune down your anger and focus on a new career.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Why work?

You know.  That is why you are sucking it up for $8 an hour.

The guy in the mirror demands it.

Hang in there.

Prayers sent.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm not going to rate it because I feel so badly watching whats going on in this country.  Hang in there man, things have got to get better.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't forget the Medicare and Social Security that the last generation is making you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, welfare sucks for the hardworking people who have to pay the taxes to support it, but that's the rules of the game.

Are you somehow tied down to your current location? Iif you're not making it where you're at, find a job elsewhere and move.

Certain industries in various parts of the country (or outside the country) are hiring new workers.  If you can post rants on a web forum, you can find work. Get to it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#20]
What kind of education or skilled trade experience do you have?

Consider going to a local college - start with a 2-year college and transfer to a 4 year.  Think of the one thing that really, really keeps your interest in life, the thing you would do for fun if you were immortal and had to do it forever.  Chase that down, grab it by the throat and build your career out of it.  There are state, federal, charitable, and non-profit grants and scholarships for basically everything.  

If you want it bad enough and are willing to put everything you have into it, they will help you make it happen.  I pulled the trigger on a $10k loan in September to attend a school to make myself more competitive in my career.  I'm learning like crazy, networking with huge industry names, and 4 months from now when I show them what I've learned, they're going to be burning down my phone lines and kicking down the door trying to hire me.

You just have to want it bad enough.  Sounds like you want it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Over 10 years of home computer repair/building. Network installs wired/wireless. Working on some electronics. I also know how to operate and run Tornos Swiss Screw machines, however it's been a long time Now I'm just a tech at Staples
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Because I have bills to pay and I prefer to not starve.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Hell most of the stuff you listed you've already paid for directly for your benefit (unemployment, social security) or indirectly (medicaid, various programs).

The programs are there for a reason....use them if you need 'em.

Don't let your pride keep you from making some temporary decisions to ensure longer term success. I don't know what it's like in WI but around here life isn't going to be easy at $8/hr.

I don't know of anyone worth a shit who'd look down at someone else who took stock of their situation and said "shit, I need some help to get out of this". Let's face it, you're not the kind of person who's going to turn it into a lifestyle.

My only advice is don't indefinitely postpone starting a family until you think you can afford it, you may find it's no longer an option.

If job prospects are weak, maybe consider joining the service.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes it sucks, but bro you got to look at it as there is always someone who is having it worse. Money isn't everything, it's only money. Just look at all those lottery winners who win millions, it drives their family into the ground, things that can't be bought are taken away or lost. Be thankful for what you got, I know it can be hard sometimes, but you have to make the best out of it. Things will get better for you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Good luck

BS in Eng Tech and I drive a service truck
Pays the bills
Got outsourced three years ago
I did pest control for a while too

Times suck
used to be 4 techs now 5
And most of us don't get 40 hour a week now too so WTF
Why did they hire another tech???
with 4 we usually got 40 or close to it
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel for you, I have been self employed for the last 2 years, and thing are so damn slow, it is going to get real ugly real soon. To top it off My wife's job is ending in December, and she was the real bread winner in this family. At least she will get unemployment, but that will barely cover the house payment. Oh ya, we also have a 9 month old at home.

Keep your chin up, and start every day on a positive note.  It could always be worse.

I don't think of myself as a very religious person, but a local church always has funny little sayings on their reader board, one one has really stuck with me.  

"Where God guides, He will provide."
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#28]
In felt your pain in the 80's.  This will pass,  look for a trade that is required by society and get skills.. Remember you are paid for what you know...not for what you do.  

Good Luck
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

FUCK AMERICA.

I will back you on everything but that. You need to re-think it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK AMERICA.

I don't mean it literally as Fuck america. I meant it as in the expression of fuck wake up man. or used in a sentence. Fuck Bill why didn't you flush the toilet

I changed my period to a coma. I have no idea if that's proper grammar, but considering I typed it drunk it looked like a complete thought at the time
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Crash the system. It is the only way it will ever change.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK AMERICA.

I think there's a pause in there somewhere. Fuck, America! Not like fuck you, America.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i hear ya... graduated last year with a bachelors in engineering and I'm barely making ends meet. I cant get a job in my field and last week Farm and Fleet told me I was overqualified for a small engine tech position.

fuck i hate leeches as much as you do i dont leech off anybody, nobody should be able to leech off me.

if everything in this country is all about "equality" race, creed, sex, whatever, how can they tax one man more than another. moreso how the fuck can they tax me and give it to someone else?

same here

Finished my degree in manufacturing engineering. Graduated with a 3.56 GPA and I can't find shit for work. Is quite depressing actually. I'm always either over qualified or under qualified. Been trying to work in an industrial setting so i can at least get some experience, but about to just say fuck it and start applying for positions at retail stores. Seems like all that hard work was for nothing...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Take the unemployment.  It was paid for by you, use it.

By him, or by his previous employer?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Enlist.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Enlist.

my advice.  if the job market gets too tough i will join you
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Enlist.

I can't

Blown knee, slight scolious of my spine, and bilateral pneumothorax. I have been turned down from the branches in the past.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK AMERICA.

I don't mean it literally as Fuck america. I meant it as in the expression of fuck wake up man. or used in a sentence. Fuck Bill why didn't you flush the toilet

I changed my period to a coma. I have no idea if that's proper grammar, but considering I typed it drunk it looked like a complete thought at the time
Understood. Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't know where you guys get your information.  The employer pays the unemployment insurance premiums.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know where you guys get your information.  The employer pays the unemployment insurance premiums.

For you......

which is considered part of your overall employee cost to the company thus another number they can use to inflate the 'total benefits package' when they try to explain you get paid 3x more than you see in your salary.   Whether the .gov requires it to come out of your paycheck or directly from the employer, its still money that could have gone to you if it wasn't being paid.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#41]
This man knows how to rant. I must add that even though you might be able to get everything for free there is something to be said about having a job to go to everyday. I start to get crazy when i have nothing to do, like right now. I have another application for a job that was just listed this morning and if that does not work out i still have the motel laundry job to go to.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#42]
7.75 out of 10

one of those numbers is my hourly pay. hint: it isnt 10. and i have absolutely no benifits. no overtime.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I have an unemployment question.  I have never been unemployed or used any guv-ment handout at all.  I work in the home construction industry which has flopped.  The company I work for is completely out of work.  I haven't worked in two months, and don't see anything changing anytime soon.  I have not quit or been fired.  Since I have no income, what if anything is available to me at this point, or will I have to quit officially to receive anything.  I have our first baby coming soon and things are getting tight.  TIA
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#44]
So you dont have employment gaps in your resume.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I used to make 14.50 building furniture, now i rake rocks with illigals

until january 12, then its BCT
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I have an unemployment question.  I have never been unemployed or used any guv-ment handout at all.  I work in the home construction industry which has flopped.  The company I work for is completely out of work.  I haven't worked in two months, and don't see anything changing anytime soon.  I have not quit or been fired.  Since I have no income, what if anything is available to me at this point, or will I have to quit officially to receive anything.  I have our first baby coming soon and things are getting tight.  TIA

You might be able to get food stamps and your wife could get WIC.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Yep. get used to it. It's only going to get worse. I work for ranch hand wages, that means a salary of 1200 a month at about 80 hrs a week. It's just enough to live on if you kill most of your own food. I have never and will never take a dime from big brother.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, you have a few options

1.  Go get an education, and not from an "online" university.  Community college, state college, whatever.  You'll get a boring and meaningless white collar cubicle farmer job with little effort.  You'll get an overpaid, but overworked job if you try hard and have brains.

2.  Get a blue collar job and make your own money.  Some of the most happy/successful people i've met with great work/life balances install cabinets, do electrical wiring, that kinda shit

3.  Join the military, have Uncle Sam pay for your benefits, food, and housing.  They even give you free ammo!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Not to be an ass.

But if you are 30 and working at Staples for 8 bucks and hour part time, you made some choices in life that led you to that place.  

Make some new ones.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Be a leech or keep your self esteem.

Your choice.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top