Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 12:25:28 PM EDT
Hello Folks,
  Is there a way for me to track down purchase dates on my firearms?  I am building a record database for insurance, etc purposes and it would be nice to know when I purchased x gun.  I know I should have all the paperwork but after years of moving, etc... not sure I know where some of the older ones are.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, below are the columns I have in the database.  Am I missing anything or should anything be added/deleted?  Thanks for all your help

Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, Type of Gun/Action, Gauge or Caliber, Date Purchased, Color/Description, Modifications/Additional Notes.

Tim
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I take it you don't still have the receipts or credit card statements.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Only if you're bad, and the ATF runs it down for you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Max229 - I'm sure I do....  somewhere....  somewhere...  lol.

Hardshell - Good additions, I'll take those into consideration.  Of course, to get the prices, I'll need the other information I'm currently looking for, lol.

GoGop - No Sir, (un)fortunately I'm a "good citizen"

So in this massive governement of ours, there's no "hotline" or something to the desk of "all guns ever purchased" branch of the ATF or something?  Ha.  (Meant with sarcasim and sincereity)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Purchase price or date shouldn't matter unless it's an antique or oddball gun.  Insurance should cover replacement cost, so what you paid for it ten years ago doesn't make a difference.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Purchase price or date shouldn't matter unless it's an antique or oddball gun. Insurance should cover replacement cost, so what you paid for it ten years ago doesn't make a difference.

It matters to me (not for insurance purposes), and I have it for every gun I've ever purchased (which is quite a few).

YMMV, and that's just fine.

So do I.  But, since OP doesn't have that info already, he's not as goofy as you and I are.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Correct, this isn't a database I'm "turning in" or anything.  It's just a personal record to keep informaiton I may (or may not need) in the future.  

Someone down the line might interested that my G19 was bought for $250 NIB from Joe-Bob, but now sells for over $500 or something.  <––-  Just making something up here as an example, I know $500 is steep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top