Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sissy needs to be punched in the twat.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For the life of me I cannot fathom why PD's keep purchasing EOThings. They eat batteries and spontaneously turn themselves off on you. I'd much rather have an Aimpoint that needs a new AA battery every 5 years and stays on all the time. TCO, people...look at the TCO...not just the sticker price.

Maybe it just suited their needs instead of yours.  Battery eating be damned!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#4]
S&W = Stag, IIRC...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:25:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
S&W = Stag, IIRC...

So what?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For the life of me I cannot fathom why PD's keep purchasing EOThings. They eat batteries and spontaneously turn themselves off on you. I'd much rather have an Aimpoint that needs a new AA battery every 5 years and stays on all the time. TCO, people...look at the TCO...not just the sticker price.

WHAT?!?  Never heard of this, mine works perfectly.  NEVER "turned itself off".  No problem with battery life so far.  Maybe people should stop using dollar store batteries.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Odd, my Dept. has EOTechs too. The only time it spontaneously turns off is after either 4 hours of continuous use or 8 hours of continuous use depending on which button you use to activate it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
S&W = Stag, IIRC...

So what?

Not anymore, S&W are made in house now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#11]
They give officers shotguns with no specialized training?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

S&W = Stag, IIRC...

Not anymore.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
More rifles for Blue Springs police
Council debates department's needs.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

By Kelly Evenson - [email protected]
The Examiner
Posted Nov 03, 2009 @ 12:30 AM

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

“These high-powered rifles are used so seldomly. I can’t visualize a time where we would need more unless we were under terrorist attack,” she said at the Blue Springs City Council meeting Monday. “I just see other places where we could use these funds. I believe we are over-stretched now and can’t see a time where we would need to buy any more.”

I  sure hope this person get's caught in the middle of a Holylwood style shoot out.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Rifle and EOTech for under $1,200?  Sounds like a good deal... where can I get one?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odd, my Dept. has EOTechs too. The only time it spontaneously turns off is after either 4 hours of continuous use or 8 hours of continuous use depending on which button you use to activate it.

...so picture that you're a SWAT guy on a callout to a barricaded suspect. It's been more than 3 hours since you showed up on scene. You see movement at one of the windows and the guy comes out with a Ruger blackhawk revolver and points it in the general direction of your element and....WHERE THE FUCK DID THE RETICLE ON MY SIGHT GO?

...or picture that you're on patrol and you hear a shots fired call come over the radio. You rush to the scene to see an officer bleeding from the head behind his cruiser with a drawn weapon calling for help. You stop, rush to the trunk and get the carbine out.

Crap, the sight isn't on.

Crap, the sight WON'T TURN ON.

Crap.

Both real incidents. I'd much rather have an Aimpoint.

Won't change anything in my unit but......damn those iron sights work well huh?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...so picture that you're a SWAT guy on a callout to a barricaded suspect. It's been more than 3 hours since you showed up on scene. You see movement at one of the windows and the guy comes out with a Ruger blackhawk revolver and points it in the general direction of your element and....WHERE THE FUCK DID THE RETICLE ON MY SIGHT GO?

...or picture that you're on patrol and you hear a shots fired call come over the radio. You rush to the scene to see an officer bleeding from the head behind his cruiser with a drawn weapon calling for help. You stop, rush to the trunk and get the carbine out.

Crap, the sight isn't on.

Crap, the sight WON'T TURN ON.

Crap.

Both real incidents. I'd much rather have an Aimpoint.

Won't change anything in my unit but......damn those iron sights work well huh?

This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top