Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 4:01:20 AM EDT
I was just reading Fox news and I came across this in the comments section of one story.

as a former leader in Chicago, let me share one way elections are won in Chicago. This goes for some other towns as well. I would pick up a van the party had rented for me. In the van was a box with let's say 20 large envelopes. In the envelopes were let's say 10 voters cards. I was also given a bank roll of five dollar bills. My job was to drive by skid row, homeless shelters or wherever and find people who wanted to make an easy one hundred dollars. I would pick up ten people and drive to the first voting location on my list. I would hand out paper voting cards to each odf my people and they would go in and vote. When they went to register for a ballot, there was a party leader inside that would usher them to an express line let's say. The people would vote for the party candidates they were told to. Sometimes their ballots were checked before they deposited the paper ballot in the box to verify the correct names were checked. If not, they were given a new ballot to try again.When the people I sent in came out to the van, they gave me the voting receipt and I gave them five dollars. Then we went to the next voting place and repeated the process. My goal was 20 voting locations. At twn voters per location that was 200 voters that rose from the dead to vote. If the elections workers checked the birth dates, they would see people that were over 150 years old werestill voting. No need to worry because money was handed out to everyone. That is the Chicago way. That is the way Obama knew about. That is still going on today. I left Chicag and stopped doing this decades ago so the statue of limitations on voter fraud is long past. I did what I needed to to feed my family and those doing it today say this is how it has always been done. Mayor Richard Daley, decades ago, had the City of Chicago in his control with the help of the voter's box.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Smells a little fishy, and not in a good way.  

If I were a betting man I'd say that was written by someone on the Right to cause a stir.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:05:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Want to see my shocked face??

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell me something I didn't already know!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]
A Constitutional amendment requiring photo ID to vote would be a welcome change in the American political landscape.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I just don't get how they could get away with it.

When I vote here they make me show my driver's license and voter registration card. If I'm not registered I don't get to vote.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]
That's Chicago politics,  I don't believe you get to be a Rep. , Senator, or high state level elected individual unless you are "with" the Chicago politics in IL.  The farther you get from Chicago, Springfield, Peoria the more likely a "good guy" will win an election
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:24:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Nah, nothing to see here. No reason to change or enforce laws. Nah.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
He was talking about his involvement in the old Daley regime, probably during the Kennedy-Nixon election.   Not saying it doesn't still happen  but this is 50 year old news.  Thank god electoral fraud is limited to Chicago.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The 1880s are alive and well, it would seem.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When I vote here they make me show my driver's license and voter registration card. If I'm not registered I don't get to vote.

The implication is their group has stacked the deck at the polling place as well, getting their own workers in there as polling officials to "facilitate" things.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A Constitutional amendment requiring photo ID to vote would be a welcome change in the American political landscape.

Kharn

Please don't recommend the establishment to shit on our constitution anymore.  Even if it sounds like a great idea, I'd be far too weary.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#12]
In before _____ starts parroting the "lawfully elected" and "not enough fraud to make a difference" lines.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#13]

As much as requiring ID will probably fix things it will never happen because requiring an ID is akin to a poll tax.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The 2008 election in MD., they announced we should keep our ID in our pockets, they didn't want to see them.

ETA: Voter registration cards included.  No ID at all.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Kharn

I had to show my ID in order to vote, why doesn't everyone else?!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

No you don't.
You can sign an affidavit of identity, and not show an ID at all in VA.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm not suprised at all.

My step father voted for years after he was dead in the Albany, NY youth center polling place on Second Avenue.  My mother would vote and she saw the page next to hers which was my step father's and there was an abrupt change of signature after he died.  From sharp signature points to ladylike loopy handwriting.  

The first year she advised them he was deceased (no signature yet), the following year my mother voted late, and the last year and current year were filled in.  She was mad and told them he didn't vote and the lady poll worker said yes he did, there's his signature and that she shouldn't be looking at other people's voting record.  My mother said that's funny as he was her husband and he died 2 years ago.  The lady told her it must be another person with the same name......yeah ok.

year 3, my mother goes in and signs her page and writes deceased in big letters across his voting record page.  The lady there this time had a cow and threatened to have my mother arrested.  My mother said try it.  I wish she called the DA's office on this but she didn't tell me until the following year and shortly thereafter they got rid of the old manilla papered polling books.

So that's my take on the voting system.  Just because they're old ladies with librarian glasses on chains around their necks doesn't make them honest.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Another thought: If Iraq and Afghanistan have figured out that inked fingers are a great way to combat voter fraud, why arent we doing it here in the US?
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
In Maryland? I've been told 'women and minorities hardest hit" is a direct quote from the MD Supreme Court when it said such a law could not be Constitutional.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#19]
My dear old clueless Grandmother thought it was just grand that those nice men would go in the voting booth with people to help them vote. Dad explained to her what was happening and she was flabbergasted. Nothing like that could ever happen in America! Then she got indicted on election fraud along with all the other poll workers/precinct captains. King Daley worked his magic and the case was moved from Chicago to Gary(?). All the charges were dropped. It was Chicago politics at it's finest.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Democrats...........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top