Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:49:11 PM EDT
Man, I join the ranks of the unemployed today.  I worked for a small IT consulting and outsourcing company, on the outsourcing side, and one of our customers fired us unexpectedly, and didn't give us a chance to compete for the contract that is replacing ours.  It hurt the revenue too much.  I think I'm the first person the company has ever laid off in their near 20 year history.

It sucks because I liked my job, and I loved the company I worked for.  The people I worked with were great and fun to work with.  

Oh well.  Good thing is, though that after posting on FB about my predicament, I already had four friends call me and offer some very effective help.  Luckily a couple friends have lots of connections.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Keep your chin up.  Good to know you've got mates out there looking out for ya too!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Best of luck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure is good to have friends...I'm sure you'll land on your feet soon!

HH
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Keep your chin up.  Good to know you've got mates out there looking out for ya too!

Yeah, it's awesome that I posted on FB and within 45 minutes, I already had friends calling.  I hope this works out like the last time I got laid off - I ended up with a better job and a better situation.  The only problem is this time I only have a month worth of pay... last time I had three months, and could have probably lived off of that for 4-6 if I needed to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Lies.  Economy is fixed.  Seriously though, sorry to hear that.  I've been unemployed for 7 months now.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Been there, done that, always ended up in a better place after.

Take a day to relax, be pissed off, get drunk, then hit the 'finding a new job' routine full time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Well that blows.

Hope you land another one soon.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the words of support, guys.  It means a lot.  Friends have already told me that if I were to lose my house, I have a place to stay.  I hope it won't come to that, but who knows?  

I'm going to find my resume and try to start working on it tonight.  Maybe hang out with the Captain a little, as well, because, well, THIS SUCKS.   hehe

Top Top