Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:08:23 AM EDT
So me and a friend are in need of some NFL tickets for next Monday Nights Football game in Denver.  My friend is kind of worried we won't be able to get any tickets before the game.  Being that the Broncos and Steelers are very popular teams, and it seems the prices online are through the roof as it seems since both teams are doing well right now.  I got the plane tickets and car rental covered already.  All my friend has to do is to come up with some game tickets, and not no shitty ones either.

What would the hive mind do?  Get the tickets online at outrageous prices, so that we are sure to get the tickets to the game and not watch the game at some sports bar... or wait it out until the weekend  or the last day?.  I am telling him to wait it out.  My perspective on it is that, someone can't go last minute and has to unload their tickets at face value or at a discounted price.  Or there are always sellers/scalpers at near the game and they will have tickets on sale there.  They have to get rid of the ticket somehow and either sell it at around face value...better then taking a loss for them right?  I have relatives there and they always go to Broncos games and always does the ladder.  Anyone have experience with this?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
parking lot tix for sure.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you are going to be arrested for prostitution.

careful who you 'buy' from
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think you are going to be arrested for prostitution.

careful who you 'buy' from

I'm done buying.  I took care of the transportation.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
You've already dropped serious coin on transportation and lodging and you HOPE you can get cheap tickets in the parking lot?  Not just cheap tickets but good cheap tickets?

Just pay the freight and be done with it.  Steelers/Broncos could be a pretty hard ticket to come by.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Lodging is free.  We know friends and relatives in CO.  The game tickets are not cheap.  They will probably cost as much as the plane tickets and car rental.  Is it possible to get good seats for cheap?  Sure.  I have relatives that go to Broncos games all the time and sit in the lower level for less then a hundred per seat... even during the playoffs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
how bout check craigslist.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
stubhub.com
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
i've used stubhub with great success on several occasions.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Tickets on line are going to be your best bet to get in. Stubhub or ebay. If you want to take a chance with the scalpers and the police, have at it. Add to the fact its a Monday night game, they are always sold out and tickets are at a all time high. Plus the team is doing well, gets more people interested in going to the games.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The person who is buying the tickets is a officer.

And I don't get why one would get in trouble for buying tickets from another idividual?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tickets on line are going to be your best bet to get in. Stubhub or ebay. If you want to take a chance with the scalpers and the police, have at it. Add to the fact its a Monday night game, they are always sold out and tickets are at a all time high. Plus the team is doing well, gets more people interested in going to the games.

Craigslist in the Denver area... MNF does not sell as well as people think. I Get Pats tix thrown at me for MNF because of work conflicts

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top