Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:32:54 AM EDT
She was doing this for about 2 minutes before I started filming...

She finally gave up in disgust and is sleeping in the hallway.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Just trying to show you where the body is under the floor boards.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
that's funny, my dog would do that to the carpet for a few seconds until i say..dude???

he looks at me and then goes to sleep

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
haha. We have two dogs that each have their own beds, but they like to share one bed. Well one of them does. The grumpy old man will show up and find the young lady in his bed, and he goes and sleeps in the closet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Your dog has A.D.D.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
When I went to bed last night, my dog was in my bed - my neatly-made bed, fresh sheets on it, and he's sprawled out with his head resting between the pillows.

He was reasonable about the situation, though, he finally moved over and let me have my half of the bed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

When I went to bed last night, my dog was in my bed - my neatly-made bed, fresh sheets on it, and he's sprawled out with his head resting between the pillows.

He was reasonable about the situation, though, he finally moved over and let me have my half of the bed.

Our beagle sleeps with us too.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#7]
My beagle does the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
My beagles prefer to sleep on the leather couches.  They only sleep on the floor or in their beds when we invade their space.

They also like sleeping on my bed, but the wife will not stand for it.  So far, the wife gets to sleep on the bed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your OP: I've heard people say that the behavior is a carryover from when they were more primitive animals and would scrape the leaves and stuff from their beds in the woods.

?????
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#10]
maybe wash the thing...............
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wife just did, probably not stinky enough for her.

This is a dog that will roll in squirrel poop after a bath.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#12]
All dogs do this...my dog does this and then circles twice and plops...and then blows out air through her nose as she relaxes....

funny stuff
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

All dogs do this...my dog does this and then circles twice and plops...and then blows out air through her nose as she relaxes....

funny stuff

Same here.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That activity appears logical to a dog.

I don't understand dog logic, but then again human perfume has some odd ingredients in it as well.

Castoreum (rear-end beaver glands) and ambergris (whale barf) come to mind.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

After we wash my dogs bed he does the same thing, Hes a beagle mix. Sometimes he'll do it for a few minutes, go away for a bit and come back to it and start over. Then he'll do the 2 circle plop.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Checking for snakes?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#17]
IIRC, I read that dogs do the "circle" thing as a genetic leftover from the wild days, and they do it-logically-to tamp down a place to sleep.

Both my dogs do it, sometimes one or two "laps" sometimes for a minute or two.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah....my mutt is neurotic, too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#19]
"nesting"
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#20]
When my dog does that, the bed is all over the room.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

As does mine. I have had to learn to accept that his body must be touching mine. If I move, he will too, inevitably rolling me off the bed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top