Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 7:42:02 PM EDT
I"m looking at a job that goes by 10 hour/4 day rotating shifts. The good thing is, there at least doesn't seem to be a grave yard shift. Shifts are 5am-3pm and 12 noon-10pm.

I've worked longer shifts than this before, and in Iraq I spent most of a year on night shift. I occasionally changed shifts, but most all changes were long term, never rotating.

Now, those times at least aren't 180 of each other, but still, I can't see that screwing with my internal clock pretty good if I'm having to rotate shifts on a regular basis.

Any comments from the shift workers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Once you get used to not being used to anything you end up being able to sleep at will and maximize the time you get.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I work 12's, 6PM to 6AM for 7 weeks then rotate to 6AM to 6PM.  You get used to it. At least it pays the bills.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
having to be at work at 5 am means getting up a 330 am for me.  There is no getting used to that.

oh yea, and 4 10's rule
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top