Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"And you'll grunt and point somewhere down yonder in her direction to hurry up and get rid of her, just the split second that some muffin-top, slobby fat 20-something year old with her tramp stamp exposed, pushing a stroller, with a black eye, fake fingernails, and an exposed bra strap digging into gawd-knows-what coming out from under her tank top."

100-proof truthfulness distilled for your reading pleasure down to one sentence. Thanks, Psyops. I hope you enjoyed sharing that as much as I enjoyed reading it.

Yep, I certainly did.

Frequenting a hardware store is one of the ways we gals sort ourselves out in the pecking order.

I can full well expect any manly man to come up and help me:  Find things, carry things, and engage in enlightening conversation about clogged toilets and the hazards inherent to the re-wiring of light sockets.

Sometimes they get downright friendly.  And it is a gracious, harmless and pleasant 'ships passing in the night' moment in time –– that is, not flirtation, but wholesome appreciation.  There is a difference.

Yet and still, the real test of mettle comes when some skankster slouches by.   How quickly does his head swivel back to continue discussing toilet plungers or light sockets with me?  Or does he grunt, and suddenly develop an interest in whatever home improvement projects Miss Flourescent Bra Strap is pursuing?

Some our posters here in this thread do appreciate wholesome, practical women and know our worth.

Hooray for them.

Hooray for us.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thank you gentlemen.

But I'll let you in on a little secret:

We are not the women who "catch your eye".  So you have probably rubbed elbows with countless high quality females, but some internal hormonal switch did not go off to get your male attention.  We do not have the "aura of drama", "pizzazz" or "glamour" with guys are typically drawn to like a moth to a flame.

Guys instinctively open doors for us, which we greatly appreciate.  They may be impressed when we heft around the ten foot 2"x8"s at the hardware store.  Words like "classy" or "athletic" probably go through your mind... but I guarantee you, your "guy" brain cells get hijacked the split second something a few years younger in skimpier clothes comes into view.

Picture in your mind:  You're in a hardware store.  Some competent, well-put together woman in practical attire comes up and asks you "Pardon me, do you know which aisle has the plumbing supplies?"  She meets your eyes, and is plainly interested in nothing more than aquiring a toilet seat.  In short, she comes across as practical.

Trust me, a "practical" woman does not pique your interest.  Even in the back your mind, you could be thinking "She is smart and hardworking.  Clean, healthy, fit, vigourous and beautiful", BUT the glands do not secrete Hormones of Interest.

And you'll grunt and point somewhere down yonder in her direction to hurry up and get rid of her,  just the split second that some muffin-top, slobby fat 20-something year old with her tramp stamp exposed, pushing a stroller, with a black eye, fake fingernails, and an exposed bra strap digging into gawd-knows-what coming out from under her tank top.

It's okay.  It really is.  Do not blame yourselves for overlooking us.  We're not sending "those" signals.  Y'all can't help it.

We get our plumbing supplies and come home.  You get endless drama.  And so the world turns.

ETA There is good news, however.  Both genders do have the opportunity at least, to become a lot more realistic and practical however once we get into our 40s and 50s.  The hormonal urgency abates, and common sense can and does often prevail.  Interaction between the genders gets a whole lot more sensible, and gals like us really, really start to shine.

I am in awe of this post...whuich says so well those things that were lurking in my subconscious in fact this is probably the most well written post I have ever seen on a discussion board.period.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sometimes I gotta wonder about the feasibility of a Christian, pro-gun, pro-life, Conservative dating Board.

Lotta folks here aren't all those things though. A lot are, but a lot aren't. And we get along good. The common thread is guns and realism IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sometimes I gotta wonder about the feasibility of a Christian, pro-gun, pro-life, Conservative dating Board.

Lotta folks here aren't all those things though. A lot are, but a lot aren't. And we get along good. The common thread is guns and realism IMHO.
I am NOT all of those things...

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Some our posters here in this thread do appreciate wholesome, practical women and know our worth.

Hooray for them.

Hooray for us.

Queen of Hearts > Queen of Diamonds!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hooray for them.

Hooray for us.

Queen of Spades (ie shovels, tools) > Queen of Hearts > Queen of Diamonds!

Fixed it!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood, and I agree.

You gotta meet on common ground, and didn't mean to imply those were the pre-requisites for participating.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood, and I agree.

You gotta meet on common ground, and didn't mean to imply those were the pre-requisites for participating.
Yes, I understand and for the most part I can entertain ANYONES ideas...except pure blooded libtards...they are hopeless and not worth my time.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood, and I agree.

Yes, I understand and for the most part I can entertain ANYONES ideas...except pure blooded libtards...they are hopeless and not worth my time.

Gotta agree with that also.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#11]
id like to see more chicks shooting / posting, etc...

and not all the dudes drooling, begging them to take off thier clothes, pics , etc.....

my chick  never wants to go to the range, but at least she never tells me not to.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Gun owning woman= Win.

Owning or non gun owning woman looking for internet attention= Fail.

It is easy to tell who is who here.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
id like to see more chicks shooting / posting, etc...

and not all the dudes drooling, begging them to take off thier clothes, pics , etc.....

my chick  never wants to go to the range, but at least she never tells me not to.
I'd like to see this as well and I have to say this: the whole obsession with pics is VERY annoying I know its supposed to be fun etc but guys, please...just stop. There's tons of photos of women on the internet from dating sites to facebook etc and any of us could just right click on some of that stuff,drag it over here and you'd never be the wiser so pics do NOT equal real.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gun owning woman= Win.

Gun owning or non owning woman looking for internet attention= Fail.

It is easy to tell who is who here.

guilty as charged.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think you're trolling for punani in GD, which probably won't end well.

Meh, seems to have worked out well for you if I do say so myself..

ETA:  Cliffs notes on psyops' post..

Men are attracted to women who look trashy..  They are then suprised when trashy women ACT trashy..  There is a "get both" option IRL..  
Am I Cover Girl material?? Absolutely not.. But I can hold my own..

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#16]
We also have attention whores who think they are sexy and post pics.

A few are, most are not though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you want to see my picture?..................I'm just sayin'.  

(Better not, it would probably crack your monitor screen..........I ain't very good looking.)

No thank you, although I appreciate the offer.  I feel it would not be appropriate, considering our respective situations.

Whenever I converse with you, I picture in my mind a patriotic man, loyal and strong, as evidenced by your avatar, and what more could a guy reasonably ask for but that a woman picture him as such in her mind?

"Good looking" does not have to be 'movie star handsome'.  For a man, it can mean "rugged", "individualistic", and "seasoned", and that is how I picture most of you guys.

This is nearing the 'rarified air' of cordial, gracious 'proper distance' of interaction between genders when there is 'appreciation for' physical attributes, but no improper overtures –– except those by youngsters who get slapped down, so the adults can continue to enjoy one another's company.

Thats why my pic is my avatar, keeps the good looking women away
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Why yes they are, and they know how to use Spellcheck.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I dunno about the totality of the situation but I've got a crush on PlaneJane.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I dunno about the totality of the situation but I've got a crush on PlaneJane.

*sigh*  You gotta be careful with that stuff AT!!  You know how many kittens you just killed??
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I cannot agree with the the topic title.

My GF is not on any gun forums, and for my money she is the finest woman in existence.

That said, I think that the women here ARE generally more self-reliant, self-assured and intelligent.

Fine examples for the rest of the gender to aspire to.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you gentlemen.

But I'll let you in on a little secret:

We are not the women who "catch your eye".  So you have probably rubbed elbows with countless high quality females, but some internal hormonal switch did not go off to get your male attention.  We do not have the "aura of drama", "pizzazz" or "glamour" with guys are typically drawn to like a moth to a flame.

Guys instinctively open doors for us, which we greatly appreciate.  They may be impressed when we heft around the ten foot 2"x8"s at the hardware store.  Words like "classy" or "athletic" probably go through your mind... but I guarantee you, your "guy" brain cells get hijacked the split second something a few years younger in skimpier clothes comes into view.

Picture in your mind:  You're in a hardware store.  Some competent, well-put together woman in practical attire comes up and asks you "Pardon me, do you know which aisle has the plumbing supplies?"  She meets your eyes, and is plainly interested in nothing more than aquiring a toilet seat.  In short, she comes across as practical.

Trust me, a "practical" woman does not pique your interest.  Even in the back your mind, you could be thinking "She is smart and hardworking.  Clean, healthy, fit, vigourous and beautiful", BUT the glands do not secrete Hormones of Interest.

And you'll grunt and point somewhere down yonder in her direction to hurry up and get rid of her,  just the split second that some muffin-top, slobby fat 20-something year old with her tramp stamp exposed, pushing a stroller, with a black eye, fake fingernails, and an exposed bra strap digging into gawd-knows-what coming out from under her tank top.

It's okay.  It really is.  Do not blame yourselves for overlooking us.  We're not sending "those" signals.  Y'all can't help it.

We get our plumbing supplies and come home.  You get endless drama.  And so the world turns.

ETA There is good news, however.  Both genders do have the opportunity at least, to become a lot more realistic and practical however once we get into our 40s and 50s.  The hormonal urgency abates, and common sense can and does often prevail.  Interaction between the genders gets a whole lot more sensible, and gals like us really, really start to shine.

Practical and sturdy are two qualities that turn my nipples turgid.

So does the car battery you attach at night 7M3...

I agree with psyops4fun.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your speculation is grounded in nothing.  You cannot "know" a person via the Internet.  Someone's presence here proves nothing.

Further, you don't really know someone until you live with them for a time.  Unfortunately.  

Agreed on both points.

While I thank the OP for his compliment, the person I am here is not necessarily all that I am. And that is true of all of us.

I've always found it somewhat disconcerting to hear that a marriage dissolves because one of the people found their "true love" on the internet. I don't get that. There are several people here on ARFcom whose posts I like and who crack me up (SevenMary, for example) and even some guys whom I think are good looking.

But none of them has a shot at breaking up my marriage because I'm smart enough to know that an internet persona does not tell the whole story. And my guy is hot and a pretty good shot, so...

I DO think it's hard for men and women who have a passionate hobby (like shooting) whose partner does not participate in nor approve of. That goes for anything. So if you're a gun owner, it just seems logical that you should try to date other gun owners.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Some are astoundingly intelligent and wise.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think your speculation is grounded in nothing.  You cannot "know" a person via the Internet.  Someone's presence here proves nothing.

Further, you don't really know someone until you live with them for a time.  Unfortunately.  

Agreed on both points.
While I thank the OP for his compliment, the person I am here is not necessarily all that I am. And that is true of all of us.
I've always found it somewhat disconcerting to hear that a marriage dissolves because one of the people found their "true love" on the internet. I don't get that. There are several people here on ARFcom whose posts I like and who crack me up (SevenMary, for example) and even some guys whom I think are good looking.

But none of them has a shot at breaking up my marriage because I'm smart enough to know that an internet persona does not tell the whole story. And my guy is hot and a pretty good shot, so...

I DO think it's hard for men and women who have a passionate hobby (like shooting) whose partner does not participate in nor approve of. That goes for anything. So if you're a gun owner, it just seems logical that you should try to date other gun owners.

I don't think its hard to have a partner that doesn't share ones passionate hobbies. As long as they aren't opposed to them it shouldn't be a problem. My wife doesn't care to shoot and while I would enjoy it if she did it more, its not a big deal. Thats what brothers or friends are for.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "sturdy" though.... Sturdy is not a word i'd use to describe an attractive woman...unless you merely mean in shape and not anorexic...

It means strong, with an element of calm.  Robust good health, like a farmwoman.

Not frail, or prone to drama.  Reliable.

Sometimes, the word 'sturdy' is misused as a 'nice' way to say fat.  The proper nice way to say 'fat' is 'stocky'

'Sturdy' refers to healthy proportion, with an athletic build.  It implies that someone can endure hardship, and perform outdoor work.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've always found it somewhat disconcerting to hear that a marriage dissolves because one of the people found their "true love" on the internet. I don't get that.

Answer is easy. Partner was already unhappy with the relationship, something they perceived as possibly better came along  Probably the partner was already looking for a way to escape their relationship by using the internet to ignore their reality already and that's why they were online often enough to find "true love".

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think its hard to have a partner that doesn't share ones passionate hobbies. As long as they aren't opposed to them it shouldn't be a problem. My wife doesn't care to shoot and while I would enjoy it if she did it more, its not a big deal. Thats what brothers or friends are for.
I'm not saying you can't have a good relationship...I'm just saying I bet you wish she'd enjoy it too.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've always found it somewhat disconcerting to hear that a marriage dissolves because one of the people found their "true love" on the internet. I don't get that.

Answer is easy. Partner was already unhappy with the relationship, something they perceived as possibly better came along  Probably the partner was already looking for a way to escape their relationship by using the internet to ignore their reality already and that's why they were online often enough to find "true love".
THAT part I get...what I don't get is thinking that a person on the 'net is "the one."

I mean, come on...

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying you can't have a good relationship...I'm just saying I bet you wish she'd enjoy it too.

Somewhat yes but I was referring to the comment you made about it being hard...I don't think it is. Maybe for some people it is but I don't see it myself.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Very good posts by psyops4fun!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
THAT part I get...what I don't get is thinking that a person on the 'net is "the one."
I mean, come on...

Since you don't get a real read on peoples flaws online it's easy to project "perfect partner" onto people you click with.

I think this will come more into play in chatrooms or social games like WoW and the like more so then on a forum. On a forum you read someones posts from time to time and you think they're pretty cool and maybe you trade a few PM's but forums are relatively awkward for consistent communication.

With chatroom and instant messenger you can pretty much spend hours and hours interacting with someone continuously so it's easier to get attached when you're consistently talking with someone for 3 or more hours every day.  People that are in those kinds of social interaction arena's also tend to be somewhat lonely and isolated so they're going to find "true love" online because online is the only place they really interact with people besides the needs of day to day life.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Picture in your mind: You're in a hardware store. Some competent, well-put together woman in practical attire comes up and asks you "Pardon me, do you know which aisle has the plumbing supplies?" She meets your eyes, and is plainly interested in nothing more than aquiring a toilet seat. In short, she comes across as practical.

Trust me, a "practical" woman does not pique your interest. Even in the back your mind, you could be thinking "She is smart and hardworking. Clean, healthy, fit, vigourous and beautiful", BUT the glands do not secrete Hormones of Interest.

thats my kind of lady. while my spouse is no Mrs America, i know she can do almost anything home repair wise. If not i deal with it. Whether it's hauling 6foot trees i just cut down or making a killer meal (taught her how to cook) she can and will have my back in a SHTF situation.
IF (key word) something were to go south in the relationship my next partner would be of the same timber.

of course we don't believe in lawyers.  in the event of a divorce it would be pistols @ 20 paces, which is why i removed the firing pin from her G26
she's shitty at math and might turn before it got to 20!

Fail.  No firing pin, striker fired.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Im not on here enough to know whos a woman or not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So far every woman on this thread has a female avatar.   It's a pretty solid trend but not 100%.

Uhr....I count BigEasySnow's gorilla as obviously female btw....Pink bow. Duh
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Thats why my pic is my avatar, keeps the good looking women away

HOLY SHIT! That's really you!?!  I thought it was a picture of Uncle Fester!
Actually, if you grew a mustache, we could be twins.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#37]
I think women on Early Bronco forums are the finest women in existence.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Men are attracted to women who look trashy..  They are then suprised when trashy women ACT trashy..  There is a "get both" option IRL..  

I think you can more than hold your own and actually I'd buy a magazine with you on the cover lol!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
oh, you're that woman who is into cars and stuff right? thats cool,I am too!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Mmm. No.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

see, this is the kind of thinking that i have a problem with.  what you have done here is engage in the same emotional pathology that causes a lot of men to talk about how "women will only be into you if you have money".  

speaking vary frankly, how dare you make this statement?

my most recent ex-girlfriend fits the description that you posted almost precisely.  smart, articulate, works 2 jobs, and is active and athletic in a wholesome way.  when we met, what impressed me most is that she looked me straight in the eye, and i saw a light in hers that hinted at the wonderful mind behind them.  the problem was that she wasn't "gorgeous".

but that was HER problem, not mine.

now, i'm a club manager, and used to be a fashion photographer.  consequently, i know a lot of "gorgeous" girls.  but i know very few women of quality.  women with values, and goals, and something significant to say.  my ex had all of these things––they were what attracted me to her in the first place.  but she couldn't get past her own perception of her physical "shortcomings".  one day she said "it really scares me because with most guys, i'm the hottest girl they'll ever get.  but with you, i'm not even close".  now, i understood what she was saying, but it wound up making me both angry and sad, because there was nothing i could say to that.  when a woman (or man) is in that mindset, everything sounds like a lie.  it's true––i know many girls who are "hotter", but being a hottie and being a beautiful person are two different things.  she was (and is) a beautiful person.  but if i were to say that, she would only hear "you're not good-looking enough".  and she, like you, believed that "men won't be interested in a woman that isn't hot".  the relationship ran its course, and eventually ended because, as attracted as i was to her, we just weren't a match from a personality and emotional standpoint.  the last thing she said to me?

"i knew i wasn't hot enough for you."

you know what?  i'm not "men".  i'm eric.  so don't presume to tell me how i think, or what kind of woman will trigger my Hormones of Interest glands.  and there are millions of other men whose glandular activity is a bit more complicated than you seem to expect.  so i'll make you a deal.  i won't judge all women based on the hot but insecure idiots i deal with on a daily basis, if you'll stop judging all men based upon the "big tits" and "post pics" crowd.

deal?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far every woman on this thread has a female avatar.   It's a pretty solid trend but not 100%.

I don't.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#43]
If only some of their husbands knew what they were up to.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  

Well I'll be.  I didn't know.

And I just noticed your sig line.

That is a habit of mine; the tendency to just read posts, and not even know who wrote it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you can more than hold your own and actually I'd buy a magazine with you on the cover lol!!

I still maintain that's because your Mom dropped you on your head as a child, but thank you..  

Quoted:
Quoted:
oh, you're that woman who is into cars and stuff right? thats cool,I am too!

She's not the only one..
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't.  

Curses.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also think (having spent time with a couple of the ladies from here) that some a significantly better than others.  There are some that are the typical lying manipulative bitches that you encounter in every day life and some are amazing people.

It's just a lot easier to hide the lying, manipulative bitchiness via the interwebs.  
I am a manipulative,shallow,money seeking devious bitch. so there.

I wasn't talking about you, and tell that to DJ not me.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.  

Well I'll be.  I didn't know.

And I just noticed your sig line.

That is a habit of mine; the tendency to just read posts, and not even know who wrote it.

Better in a way I think, no preconcieved notions.  Well, other than the obvious ones.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.  

Curses.

Sorry.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Eh. I wouldn't think so. Maybe some of them. I figure most are just normal people. I'm not special for being online.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top