Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2002 5:38:31 PM EDT
in the movie the rangers had their rifles slung with  jerry-rigged slings, kept their hands free to do other stuff and still retain their weapon at the high ready.  anyone make slings like those?  when i was in we just tied 550 cord to the end of the slings to make the slings longer (kept them at just above waist level for patrolling), but someone must make a real sling like that.  anyone?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
They werent Giles Slings were they?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Try 1st Calvary stores. I don't know if they have a web site that spells the same or not. Also try Dillons web site as they used to advertise those. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Giles, Eagle, CQB Solutions.  I think they're all modles after them.  Magpuls used to be 550 cord and 100 mile an hour tape.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.thewilderness.com[/url]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe what the rangers were using in the movie, at least, was just a standard issue sling with the top sling adapter add-ons.  This consist of a metal triangular paper clip thingee that attaches the sling to the front sight, and a nylon strap that wraps around the buttstock with a D ring that the sling attaches to.  The nylon strap thing was taped down so that it wouldn't slip of the buttstock.

I have also seen this sling configuration used by US personnel in photos taken in Afghanistan.  You can probably find the nylon strap and paper clip thing from a surplus dealer.  I bought these from Northridge International, Inc.  They usually have an add in SGN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top