Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2002 3:37:28 PM EDT
Ok. just finished the book was great! has anyone read his other books (ie immediate action). Also there is another book titled "The One that got away" by Chris Ryan the SAS guy that escaped out of Iraq. has anyone read this book? and if so is it worth the read. I have read Blackhawk Down, Ghost Soldier and Unintended Consequences any other good reads that you would recommend.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
[u]We Were Soldiers Once... And Young[/u] by Hal Moore and Joe Galloway.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
"Flags of Our Fathers", by James Bradley.  About the six guys in the famous Iwo photograph.

And my wife just bought me this book, which I have not yet read: "Diary of Desert Storm's Combat Gynecologist" by Anthony Pagedas, M.D.  This is no joke! [;)]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You Know, While I There is the tendancy to idolize everything ever done by any SpecFor in the world on this board, I hate to say it, But The lasting impression left on me from the book Bravo Two Zero, Was the fact that they were rendered mission ineffective, By the fact that while they were loaded with all manner of weapons, THEY FORGOT TO TAKE ALONG A SIMPLE GORTEX PARKA. Thus one of there number pretty much froze to death.

The Moral to this story is: LEAVE BEHIND A POUND OF THAT C-4 IF YOU HAVE TO, BUT THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR GORTEX, WEATHER YOU THINK YOUR GOING TO NEED IT OR NOT.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
You've probably already read it since it is such a classic, but I read "To Hell and Back" by Audie Murphy not too long ago and it was amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top