Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 7:23:35 PM EDT
Fellers-

I remember it as plain as day: At a Puyallup, WA gun show in 1991, I held in my hands a brand-new grey Chinese FAL copy with a cheap-looking synthetic black thumbhole stock. It cost only $399.00 We couldn't believe the price. These were the days just after the Bush import ban, shortly before AR clones exploded on the scene and long before parts kits and US-made FAL, HK and AK receiver brought affordable fun guns to us drones. The Chinese unleashed a wave of clones and we were STOKED! I was 15 years old and my friend and I begged his father to buy it.

Anyway, I am SURE I saw this thing and that it was indeed CHINESE. nevertheless, my know-it-all gun nut friend says there was never a Chinese FAL clone exported to the US, and sure enough, Google seems to agree.

I saw the damned thing with my own eyes.

A six-pack of Black Butte Porter is riding on this.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield imported some FALs and converted them to butthole stocks in the post-Bush/922r days, but they were Brazilian.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think there was a Chinese clone. Maybe you saw the word "Century" (as in Century International Arms) and remember it as "Chinese".

Norinco made/makes AK, Uzi, M14 clones and I heard of an AR clone one time.

Marstar in Canada carries Norinco yet today. marstar.ca

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of or let alone seen a Chinese copy of an FAL, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist though.  Ask the fellows over on the fal files, someone over there should be able to give you a definitive answer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Yep. It was a Springfield SAR-whatever. I was WRONG. Wow. I was SURE. Just goes to show.

Thanks you guys, esp. LON_MOER.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, and you can chalk that up to one of the very few things China has not cloned.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Springfield imported some FALs and converted them to butthole stocks in the post-Bush/922r days, but they were Brazilian.

If they imported a Brazilian of them, why are they so hard to find?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't doubt if they prototyped a clone, but it was never massed produced.
Top Top